Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » lib/endorsed not honoured by Eclipse Bundle Dependencies classpath container
lib/endorsed not honoured by Eclipse Bundle Dependencies classpath container [message #1005851] Tue, 29 January 2013 04:21 Go to next message
Matthew Cooper is currently offline Matthew CooperFriend
Thanks to Leo for fixing the bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=396322 whereby lib/endorsed was not honoured when launching Virgo from inside Eclipse. Just to follow up on this, the Virgo Tooling Bundle Dependencies classpath container does not appear to honour this either. To try it I added a reference to javax.transaction.SystemException to a class in a project targetting Virgo 3.6.0 Tomcat runtime. The import is automatically added to the manifest but the class cannot be resolved by the container. So in fact the container is not fully reflecting the runtime environment.

A workaround is to add the dependency directly as an external jar or via maven or via some other Eclipse mechanism. This is not a big deal for me anyway as I was only hitting the dependency issue deep inside hibernate and so do not need the class resolved inside Eclipse as in my test case above, but seeing as I noticed it I thought I'd point it out.

Matty.
Re: lib/endorsed not honoured by Eclipse Bundle Dependencies classpath container [message #1007468 is a reply to message #1005851] Wed, 06 February 2013 02:05 Go to previous message
Leo Dos Santos is currently offline Leo Dos SantosFriend
Thanks for the heads up Matt. I've opened up a bug for this case at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=400043
Previous Topic:Is it normal to get a dump for invalid char in manifest.mf?
Next Topic:Running a wab on virgo nano + gemini web
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:02:08 GMT 2024