Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Reference issues with EclipseCDT
Reference issues with EclipseCDT [message #1005809] Mon, 28 January 2013 19:56 Go to next message
J C is currently offline J CFriend
Hello

I have download some C++ source code project from Internet, I import it with Eclipse import features, but then I have some references issues when I try to compile it( first I use the indexer to find them), the references trouble are due to the libraries references (aka "includes") and references to defined header functions (.h) in the own project.

I know how to solve the problems owed to libraries references (includes) since I'd have to go to project propierties>>C/C++ generals>>paths&symbols>>includes and there include the path to libraries I want to use.

However, I'd like to know how to set up eclipse CDT in order to create the references to the own project files/folders and thus avoiding the references problems I'm having. For instance, if the file tree project is like shown below, how should I set up Eclipse so that Folder B1 could reference Folder A2? Or how can I do that the whole Folder A was visible to Folder B?

Project_T
      |
      |=>Folder A
      |  |
      |  |=>Folder A1
      |  |=>Folder A2
      |  |=>File A3
      |
      |=>Folder B
      |  |
      |  |=>Folder B1
      |  |=>Folder B2
      |  |=>File B3

Thank you very much in advance!

REgards
Re: Reference issues with EclipseCDT [message #1005845 is a reply to message #1005809] Tue, 29 January 2013 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesse Weinstein is currently offline Jesse WeinsteinFriend
First of all -- what version of Eclipse, and CDT, etc. are you running? (I'll dig up a FAQ on how to do this, if requested.)

Assuming you are running Indigo Service Release 2...

Have you looked at the Project Properties>>Project References pane?
Re: Reference issues with EclipseCDT [message #1005880 is a reply to message #1005845] Tue, 29 January 2013 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello, thanks for replying.

I'm using Eclipse Platform Version: 3.7.2 Build id: I20110613-1736 on ubuntu 12.04LTS

I've checked for the Project References tab but I've not been able to find it under Project propierties.

Thanks

[Updated on: Tue, 29 January 2013 08:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Reference issues with EclipseCDT [message #1006101 is a reply to message #1005880] Tue, 29 January 2013 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesse Weinstein is currently offline Jesse WeinsteinFriend
You're running the same version as I am, but the build id is about a year older. I don't *think* that's the source of the differences...

Hm. Well, we can go two different ways here. We can try to track down why you are not seeing the Project References pane, or we can work on your original problem without using that feature.

Assuming you want to take the 2nd path, you mention that "know how to solve the problems owed to libraries references (includes)" but you don't "know how to set up eclipse CDT in order to create the references to the own project files/folders". I don't exactly understand the distinction you are making here. Using what you do know, can you make your project build at all?

If you want to take the 1st path, create a fresh project using the New... > C++ Project ; Executable / Empty Project wizard, and check for the Project References pane there.
Re: Reference issues with EclipseCDT [message #1006148 is a reply to message #1006101] Wed, 30 January 2013 09:04 Go to previous message
Jesse Weinstein wrote on Tue, 29 January 2013 16:58
You're running the same version as I am, but the build id is about a year older. I don't *think* that's the source of the differences...

Is there some way to update that on Ubuntu 12.04LTS?

Jesse Weinstein

Assuming you want to take the 2nd path, you mention that "know how to solve the problems owed to libraries references (includes)" but you don't "know how to set up eclipse CDT in order to create the references to the own project files/folders". I don't exactly understand the distinction you are making here. Using what you do know, can you make your project build at all?

What I meant was that I do know how to make the references for adding the libraries which sometimes are missing when I index the project, however, when Eclipse complains about some includes which refer to a inner project path, for instance and using the origianl files tree if I have on File B3 a line like
#include <FolderA/FolderA2/a2.h>
then I got an error saying FolderA/FolderA2/a2.h: No such file or directory

Using what I knew I started to include all the inner folders as a "libraries" were (using includes in C/c++ general >> paths and symbols) but in certain point the same reference errors come back leading to compiling errors.

Jesse Weinstein

If you want to take the 1st path, create a fresh project using the New... > C++ Project ; Executable / Empty Project wizard, and check for the Project References pane there.

Now I have the Project References, there I have ticked my on project but even so I still have the reference errors.

Thanks
Previous Topic:"Building Workspace" dialog doesn't show
Next Topic:Eclipse says build finish but exe is not there
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:56:39 GMT 2024