Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » workspace refresh(continually loops workspace refresh)
workspace refresh [message #1005796] Mon, 28 January 2013 18:51 Go to next message
elric best is currently offline elric bestFriend
Hoping someone can help me with the workspace refresh feature in eclipse. It keeps "refreshing workspace" over and over without stop. I only have two plugins installed (PDT and Aptana).

When i remove all projects it stops, but as soon as i add a project it starts to refresh and when it completes, it starts instantly again.

Anyone know a feature to turn this to manual or something?

Details of Installation:
Eclipse SDK
Version: 4.2.1
Build id: M20120914-1800
Re: workspace refresh [message #1849072 is a reply to message #1005796] Sat, 01 January 2022 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Moser is currently offline Michael MoserFriend
10 years later with v2021.12 and I am googling for the same keywords. Guess it's time to kiss Eclipse good-bye.
We've had our good times but the last ~5 years it has become less and less usable.
I am more and more feeling embarrassed these days, when a fellow colleague comes over to my desk and still sees me using Eclipse (which most of the times means: being blocked waiting for Eclipse "doing something" ... ) :-(
Re: workspace refresh [message #1849073 is a reply to message #1849072] Sat, 01 January 2022 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elric best is currently offline elric bestFriend
Wow. Eclipse is still around? I think this is the bug that caused me to discard it as an IDE.

I moved over to vim some years ago and I'm still loving it. It has a steep learning curve, but is worth every minute.
Re: workspace refresh [message #1849077 is a reply to message #1849073] Sun, 02 January 2022 07:22 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
20 years later I've been using the IDE for 20 years and I have never seen a continuous refresh loop. Of course I don't have PTP nor Aptana installed. You might find this observation extremely unhelpful, but then, dredging up a 9 year old forum posting to append commentary that does not describe a problem nor help to reproduce a problem that someone might be able to fix is also not exactly totally helpful...

I do agree that the new rapid release cycles, while delivering new functionality quickly and fixing problems quickly, all too often comes at the cost of more frequent regressions. Also, the focus is all too often on cool new features rather than on fixing crappy old bugs. But that is the nature of developers, just as it is in the nature of consumers to complain about free things that aren't perfect.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Old Eclipse Versions and the Log4J vulnerability
Next Topic:CAP not generated with JCDK plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:16:41 GMT 2024