Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » RWT launcher disappears after updating tooling to 2.0 RC1
RWT launcher disappears after updating tooling to 2.0 RC1 [message #1005759] Mon, 28 January 2013 15:32 Go to next message
Ingo Meyer is currently offline Ingo MeyerFriend
Hi,

maybe I'm stupid blind, but after updating to 2.0-RC1 I cannot launch my RAP apps anymore as there is no RAP launcher anymore.
Where is it gone???

2nd problem: before updating the tooling (old was RAP tooling 1.5.0.20121108) but with the 2.0-RC1 target I could not call my entry point. It seems to be not registered. But I already used the new extension point style and with M4 it was working!

<extension
			point="org.eclipse.rap.ui.entrypoint">
		<entrypoint
				class="eu.xxx.ui.application.skeed.workbench.impl.SkeedWorkbenchImpl"
				id="eu.xxx.ui.application.skeed.rwt.browser.impl.application"
				path="/myapp"
				brandingId="eu.xxx.branding"
		/>
	</extension>

The laucnh config has the following settings:
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.contextpath" value=""/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.entryPoint" value=""/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.servletName" value=""/>
<stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.servletPath" value="/myapp"/>

Is this ok? Why is it not working anymore with RC1 ?

Thank a lot for that great project
~Ingo
Re: RWT launcher disappears after updating tooling to 2.0 RC1 [message #1006036 is a reply to message #1005759] Tue, 29 January 2013 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi Ingo,
we changed the launcher attribute names.
"org.eclipse.rap.launch.entryPoint" and
"org.eclipse.rap.launch.servletName" are no longer used in RAP 2.0
Tools. "org.eclipse.rap.launch.servletPath" is the correct one. What is
your settup - probably Juno? Are you talking about RWT luncher or RAP
launcher? Finally you are using version 2.0 of both runtime and tools.
Isn't it? Could you open your launch configuration in "Run
Configurations..." dialog and check validate your settings/bundles there?
Best,
Ivan

On 1/28/2013 5:32 PM, Ingo Meyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> maybe I'm stupid blind, but after updating to 2.0-RC1 I cannot launch
> my RAP apps anymore as there is no RAP launcher anymore.
> Where is it gone???
>
> 2nd problem: before updating the tooling (old was RAP tooling
> 1.5.0.20121108) but with the 2.0-RC1 target I could not call my entry
> point. It seems to be not registered. But I already used the new
> extension point style and with M4 it was working!
>
>
> <extension
> point="org.eclipse.rap.ui.entrypoint">
> <entrypoint
> class="eu.xxx.ui.application.skeed.workbench.impl.SkeedWorkbenchImpl"
> id="eu.xxx.ui.application.skeed.rwt.browser.impl.application"
> path="/myapp"
> brandingId="eu.xxx.branding"
> />
> </extension>
>
>
> The laucnh config has the following settings:
>
> <stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.contextpath" value=""/>
> <stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.entryPoint" value=""/>
> <stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.servletName" value=""/>
> <stringAttribute key="org.eclipse.rap.launch.servletPath"
> value="/myapp"/>
>
>
> Is this ok? Why is it not working anymore with RC1 ?
>
> Thank a lot for that great project
> ~Ingo

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: RWT launcher disappears after updating tooling to 2.0 RC1 [message #1006182 is a reply to message #1006036] Wed, 30 January 2013 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Ivan, that helped me.

I have installed both tooling, the one with and without the prefix "for Eclipse Juno".
As I use Juno I installed just that one... works! Embarrassed Very Happy
Maybe a hint on the download page would be good to prevent someone else slipping over this.
After that I got back my RAPLauncher.

I then had a little problem starting my application. That was because I had a quite old bundle in my target: "org.eclipse.rwt.widgets.styledtext_1.0.0.201103040053.jar"
Do you know that? I forgot to remove it someday in the past and with RC1 it crashes RAP in a way that no EntryPoint gets registered.
Is that worth a bug report??? Here is the logging output for that:
!MESSAGE Plug-in org.eclipse.rwt.widgets.styledtext was unable to load class org.eclipse.swt.internal.custom.styledtextkit.StyledTextResource.
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/rwt/resources/IResource

And that crashes something in RAP which was working prior to RC1:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.servlet.ResourceReader.createResourceList(ResourceReader.java:105)
	at org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.servlet.ResourceReader.readResources(ResourceReader.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.servlet.WorkbenchApplicationConfigurator.registerResources(WorkbenchApplicationConfigurator.java:286)
	at org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.servlet.WorkbenchApplicationConfigurator.configure(WorkbenchApplicationConfigurator.java:93)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.application.ApplicationContextImpl.doActivate(ApplicationContextImpl.java:253)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.application.ApplicationContextImpl.activate(ApplicationContextImpl.java:131)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.application.ApplicationRunner.activateApplicationContext(ApplicationRunner.java:115)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.application.ApplicationRunner.start(ApplicationRunner.java:83)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.osgi.internal.ApplicationReferenceImpl.startRWTApplication(ApplicationReferenceImpl.java:77)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.osgi.internal.ApplicationReferenceImpl.start(ApplicationReferenceImpl.java:63)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.osgi.internal.ApplicationLauncherImpl.doLaunch(ApplicationLauncherImpl.java:103)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.osgi.internal.ApplicationLauncherImpl.launch(ApplicationLauncherImpl.java:85)
	at org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.servlet.HttpServiceTracker.startApplication(HttpServiceTracker.java:75)
	at org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.servlet.HttpServiceTracker.addingService(HttpServiceTracker.java:46)
	at org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.servlet.HttpServiceTracker.addingService(HttpServiceTracker.java:1)
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:932)
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:1)
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackAdding(AbstractTracked.java:256)
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(AbstractTracked.java:229)
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:894)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:107)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:861)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:819)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:771)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:130)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:214)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:433)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.Activator.registerHttpService(Activator.java:81)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.Activator.addProxyServlet(Activator.java:60)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.init(ProxyServlet.java:40)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.HttpServerManager$InternalHttpServiceServlet.init(HttpServerManager.java:361)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:492)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(ServletHolder.java:312)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:778)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:258)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:699)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:90)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:262)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.HttpServerManager.updated(HttpServerManager.java:113)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.Activator.start(Activator.java:62)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:300)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:440)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:263)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:236)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1212)
	at org.apache.activemq.util.osgi.Activator.isImportingClass(Activator.java:213)
	at org.apache.activemq.util.osgi.Activator.isImportingUs(Activator.java:205)
	at org.apache.activemq.util.osgi.Activator.register(Activator.java:105)
	at org.apache.activemq.util.osgi.Activator.start(Activator.java:74)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:390)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1176)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

Re: RWT launcher disappears after updating tooling to 2.0 RC1 [message #1006193 is a reply to message #1006182] Wed, 30 January 2013 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi Ingo,
unfortunately there is no compatible version of the old StyledText
prototype with RAP 2.0. If you find that the widget is useful, you could
request it to be migrated to the incubator. This would however require
it to be updated to the new protocol and RAP 2.0 API.
Best,
Ivan

On 1/30/2013 1:33 PM, Ingo Meyer wrote:
> Thanks Ivan, that helped me.
>
> I have installed both tooling, the one with and without the prefix
> "for Eclipse Juno".
> As I use Juno I installed just that one... works! :blush: :d Maybe a
> hint on the download page would be good to prevent someone else
> slipping over this.
> After that I got back my RAPLauncher.
>
> I then had a little problem starting my application. That was because
> I had a quite old bundle in my target:
> "org.eclipse.rwt.widgets.styledtext_1.0.0.201103040053.jar"
> Do you know that? I forgot to remove it someday in the past and with
> RC1 it crashes RAP in a way that no EntryPoint gets registered.
> Is that worth a bug report??? Here is the logging output for that:
>
> !MESSAGE Plug-in org.eclipse.rwt.widgets.styledtext was unable to load
> class org.eclipse.swt.internal.custom.styledtextkit.StyledTextResource.
> !STACK 0
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/rwt/resources/IResource
>
> And that crashes something in RAP which was working prior to RC1:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.servlet.ResourceReader.createResourceList(ResourceReader.java:105)
> at
> org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.servlet.ResourceReader.readResources(ResourceReader.java:35)
> at
> org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.servlet.WorkbenchApplicationConfigurator.registerResources(WorkbenchApplicationConfigurator.java:286)
> at
> org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.servlet.WorkbenchApplicationConfigurator.configure(WorkbenchApplicationConfigurator.java:93)
> at
> org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.application.ApplicationContextImpl.doActivate(ApplicationContextImpl.java:253)
> at
> org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.application.ApplicationContextImpl.activate(ApplicationContextImpl.java:131)
> at
> org.eclipse.rap.rwt.application.ApplicationRunner.activateApplicationContext(ApplicationRunner.java:115)
> at
> org.eclipse.rap.rwt.application.ApplicationRunner.start(ApplicationRunner.java:83)
> at
> org.eclipse.rap.rwt.osgi.internal.ApplicationReferenceImpl.startRWTApplication(ApplicationReferenceImpl.java:77)
> at
> org.eclipse.rap.rwt.osgi.internal.ApplicationReferenceImpl.start(ApplicationReferenceImpl.java:63)
> at
> org.eclipse.rap.rwt.osgi.internal.ApplicationLauncherImpl.doLaunch(ApplicationLauncherImpl.java:103)
> at
> org.eclipse.rap.rwt.osgi.internal.ApplicationLauncherImpl.launch(ApplicationLauncherImpl.java:85)
> at
> org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.servlet.HttpServiceTracker.startApplication(HttpServiceTracker.java:75)
> at
> org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.servlet.HttpServiceTracker.addingService(HttpServiceTracker.java:46)
> at
> org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.servlet.HttpServiceTracker.addingService(HttpServiceTracker.java:1)
> at
> org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:932)
> at
> org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:1)
> at
> org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackAdding(AbstractTracked.java:256)
> at
> org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(AbstractTracked.java:229)
> at
> org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:894)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:107)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:861)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:819)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:771)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:130)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:214)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:433)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.Activator.registerHttpService(Activator.java:81)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.Activator.addProxyServlet(Activator.java:60)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.init(ProxyServlet.java:40)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.HttpServerManager$InternalHttpServiceServlet.init(HttpServerManager.java:361)
> at
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:492)
> at
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(ServletHolder.java:312)
> at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:59)
> at
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:778)
> at
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:258)
> at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:699)
> at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:59)
> at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:90)
> at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:262)
> at
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.HttpServerManager.updated(HttpServerManager.java:113)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.Activator.start(Activator.java:62)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:300)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:440)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:263)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:236)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1212)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.util.osgi.Activator.isImportingClass(Activator.java:213)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.util.osgi.Activator.isImportingUs(Activator.java:205)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.util.osgi.Activator.register(Activator.java:105)
> at org.apache.activemq.util.osgi.Activator.start(Activator.java:74)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:390)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1176)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)
>
>

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: RWT launcher disappears after updating tooling to 2.0 RC1 [message #1006554 is a reply to message #1006193] Thu, 31 January 2013 17:11 Go to previous message
Hi Ivan,

no, I don't need that anymore. Just thought that the error coming up in RC1 and not in M4 is a regression that could cause problems somewhere else.
As I said the styledtext was an old fragment I forgot to remove from my target over a year or so ago.

My problem was solved with the correct tooling version for Juno.

Thanks for your help,
~ingo
Previous Topic:[Group] trimmings calculated incorrectly in RAP
Next Topic:MouseEvents from Scale, Slider not fired in RAP?!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:38:21 GMT 2024