Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » What happened to CSSScratchpad?
What happened to CSSScratchpad? [message #1005627] Sun, 27 January 2013 17:28 Go to next message
Alex Kipling is currently offline Alex KiplingFriend
I tried to use CSS SCratchpad in my Application and failed.

But somehow it workes in the Eclipse IDE. There is a command, provided by the bundle "org.eclipse.e4.tools.css.spy" which I can see in the live editor.
I can even execute the CSS ScratchPad in the IDE, but not in my application.

What I did was:

1. added "org.eclipse.e4.tools.css.spy_0.12.0.v20120502-1641" to app dependencies
  2. created a command, with id "org.eclipse.e4.css.OpenSctachpad", which I got by using liveeditor in IDE (there is a typo in OpenScTachpad)
  3. added some bindings to the command. (ALT+Shift+F6)

When I try to use this command - nothing happens.
Indeed this approach workes, when used with CSSSpy, which is provided in the same bundle.

What am I doing wrong?
Re: What happened to CSSScratchpad? [message #1005687 is a reply to message #1005627] Mon, 28 January 2013 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Is there anything in the log? I don't understand why you want to add another command. I suppose adding the bundle will add the command+handler+binding automatically? (I maybe wrong, haven't used scratchpad in a while).
Re: What happened to CSSScratchpad? [message #1006025 is a reply to message #1005687] Tue, 29 January 2013 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, nothing in the log.
I thought either, that adding bundle should have added Handler and command automagicylly, but it does not happen.

I added a new command, with the same ID, because this helped with CSS Spy. In Spy the native Hotkeys did not work first, but i created a new Command with the same id, as in the bundle - "org.eclipse.e4.css.OpenSpy". This helped, and triggering my new command triggered the Handler from spy.

This approach did not work for the scratchpad. So I wanted to ask, whether scratchpad is working for someone.

Other people seem to have same problems: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/994138/?srch=scratchpad#msg_994138
Re: What happened to CSSScratchpad? [message #1006026 is a reply to message #1005687] Tue, 29 January 2013 15:27 Go to previous message
Nope, nothing in the log.
I thought either, that adding bundle should have added Handler and command automagicylly, but it does not happen.

I added a new command, with the same ID, because this helped with CSS Spy. In Spy the native Hotkeys did not work first, but i created a new Command with the same id, as in the bundle - "org.eclipse.e4.css.OpenSpy". This helped, and triggering my new command triggered the Handler from spy.

This approach did not work for the scratchpad. So I wanted to ask, whether scratchpad is working for someone.

Other people seem to have same problems: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/994138/?srch=scratchpad#msg_994138
Previous Topic:How to inject a service, which has the IEventBroker injected in it, in an Eclipse part
Next Topic:Kepler's Java 8 status
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:33:04 GMT 2024