Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » What's up with the Package Explorer selection in Juno?
What's up with the Package Explorer selection in Juno? [message #1005547] Sat, 26 January 2013 13:08 Go to next message
Axel Uhl is currently offline Axel UhlFriend
I know, I know, I'm late with my switch from Indigo to Juno, but there were not many good reasons to change. Only when a few in our project switched over and started fixing those resource warnings, some of the @SuppressWarning tags weren't supported in Indigo, so I felt I needed to switch, too.

I'm really having trouble with Juno. After installing the Google GWT plugin and my SAP JVM Profiler plugin again I felt ready to do some work. First of all, I tried a GWT Compile. But that had trouble recognizing my Package Explorer selection and therefore didn't know the project context. Sometimes, restarting Eclipse helps. Sometimes not.

The selection issue is ubiquitous and affects "Run As" for test case execution (no Run As Junit Tests offered when the package / project selection is not recognized). Also, "Team --> Add to Index" doesn't recognize the file selection and takes minutes to find (probably workspace-wide) what should be added. Basically, it's hard if not impossible to work with Juno if the Package Explorer selection doesn't propagate into the actions.

I also noticed (as discussed at length in this forum in other threads) the decrease in UI performance. Also, when dragging a view out of its position in the perspective, the whole screen suddenly turns black briefly. Scary. There are a number of regressions, too. Ctrl-M to full-screen the currently focused editor sometimes full-screens some arbitrary other view. Mark Occurrences usually works only once, and upon the next selection change doesn't work until toggled back and forth. Now I have to remember the Toggle Mark Occurrences hot key...

Is this just me and a broken installation or have others had similar encounters? It is so frustrating that I wouldn't even know where to start with filing the bugs in Bugzilla.

Hoping for massive improvements in Kepler.

-- Axel
Re: What's up with the Package Explorer selection in Juno? [message #1005548 is a reply to message #1005547] Sat, 26 January 2013 13:16 Go to previous message
Axel Uhl is currently offline Axel UhlFriend
Tried Kepler M4, and the problems persist. Even more scary...
Previous Topic:Testing E4 components injection in a simple Java class
Next Topic:Inject Part - What did I miss?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:15:31 GMT 2024