Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Filtering custom event handler on filter input.
Filtering custom event handler on filter input. [message #1005203] Thu, 24 January 2013 16:23 Go to next message
Alex Kipling is currently offline Alex KiplingFriend
I am using a FilterRowHeaderComposite in my table.
//FILTERS
FilterRowHeaderComposite filterRowHeaderComposite = getFilterRowHeaderComposite(columnHeaderLayerStack.getColumnHeaderLayer(), colHeaderDataProvider);

//Grid
gridLayer.setBodyLayer(bodyLayer);
gridLayer.setColumnHeaderLayer(filterRowHeaderComposite);
gridLayer.setRowHeaderLayer(rowHeaderLayer);
gridLayer.setCornerLayer(cornerLayer);

When I do some input into the filter-input-box the table immediately starts a redraw.
I will have to get the data from the server and put it in my storage, which will take a while. So I do not whant the table to reload immediately.

Is it possible, to create my own event handlers for the filter-inputboxes?
So that it will not redraw the table automatically?
Re: Filtering custom event handler on filter input. [message #1005720 is a reply to message #1005203] Mon, 28 January 2013 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Well without debugging into detail right now, I think the refresh is done by the GlazedListEventHandler. But I'm not sure right now. I need to dig into the filter stuff into more detail soon. Until that I can not give you a more detailed answer.
Re: Filtering custom event handler on filter input. [message #1005735 is a reply to message #1005720] Mon, 28 January 2013 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Kipling is currently offline Alex KiplingFriend
Thnx Dirk, but I do not use GlazedLists.
I am getting the Data from the Server directly into the IDataProvider.

I am using a custom FilterStrategy right now for it.
Re: Filtering custom event handler on filter input. [message #1005744 is a reply to message #1005735] Mon, 28 January 2013 13:50 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
I am currently very busy with refactoring the edit behaviour and want to finish this soon. Could you please try to investigate which handler is causing the refresh(). There will be some work on the filters soon, so any hints on improvements are helpful.
Previous Topic:Problem with row selection: Same row, different column
Next Topic:Questions about GlazedList and Nattable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:39:18 GMT 2024