Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How run javaScript form eclipse in commondline(How run javaScript form eclipse in commondline)
How run javaScript form eclipse in commondline [message #1004959] Thu, 24 January 2013 08:00 Go to next message
Sumit Singh is currently offline Sumit SinghFriend

Simple question:

I have one javaScript File , and eclipse.
Is it possible to run that script file using eclipse through command line.
If yes:
what i have to do .

If no:
Is there is any possibility to do this. any input will appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: How run javaScript form eclipse in commondline [message #1005463 is a reply to message #1004959] Fri, 25 January 2013 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Steele is currently offline John SteeleFriend
Are you trying to execute the javascript file from the host Eclipse console, or from within a custom plugin or rcp application? In either case, you might want to look into creating your own Gogo Command, which essentially allows you to easily add your own command to the console. Check this help doc out: http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fconsole_shell.htm. Take a look at the Writing Gogo Commands. I would imagine you would write a command (e.g., >jscript myJavaScriptFile.js), which would pass the name or path of the .js file to execute, and from there you can run it. I don't write javascript, and I've never executed javascript from within Eclipse, so if there's already functionality to do this from the command line I'm not aware of it; however, if it were available, it would probably be implemented by writing a Gogo command, where it then takes the path of the javascript file and feeds it to the javascript builder, or whatever is used for javascript.
Hope this helps, or at least stirs up some ideas.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 January 2013 15:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How run javaScript form eclipse in commondline [message #1005892 is a reply to message #1005463] Tue, 29 January 2013 08:52 Go to previous message
Sumit Singh is currently offline Sumit SinghFriend

Hi John,

Thanks for reply.
Can you please check the Link, I thinks its not working.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 February 2013 06:02]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Cheatsheet: async action problem
Next Topic:Editor menu contribution
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:13:09 GMT 2024