Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to paginate when HTML preview is triggered in BIRT RCP?
How to paginate when HTML preview is triggered in BIRT RCP? [message #1004921] Thu, 24 January 2013 06:12 Go to next message
callie16 - is currently offline callie16 -Friend
Hi!

Newbie to BIRT here so not sure if I'm posting to the right forum; please let me know if I'm doing this wrong.

Anyway, I've read in www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/reportEngineAPI.php that pagination is not possible when using RunAndRenderTask; it should be the separate RunTask and RenderTask to achieve this, correct?

Now, the thing is, we're using BIRT RCP and we cannot implement a separate WebViewer due to our requirements. While I was tracing, however, I noticed that the RCP app uses RunAndRenderTask when I preview the report as HTML. Also, the viewer used is /preview. If I understood the contents of www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/viewerUsage2.2.php right, for me to get the separated Run & Render tasks, I should be using /frameset.

So, my question is, for BIRT RCP, is there a way to paginate the HTML preview without implementing a separate WebViewer? In short, can I somehow force the base RCP to paginate the HTML in HTML preview? If so, how do I get to the separate Run & Render tasks or use /frameset? I'm not very knowledgeable about emitters and I'm still trying to understand how the HTML emitter was implemented.

My question is similar to the one found here: www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/16820-how-to-set-pagination-for-reports-formathtml-in-eclipse-birt/page__hl__html%20pagination__fromsearch__1, but, like I mentioned, we cannot implement a separate WebViewer...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Re: How to paginate when HTML preview is triggered in BIRT RCP? [message #1005248 is a reply to message #1004921] Thu, 24 January 2013 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I'm not sure I'm totally understanding.

You are correct in the fact that separate run and render tasks will be needed for pagination, which is what frameset uses. After this is where I'm not sure I'm following. If running from the designer, why can't you use the web viewer option? If deploying the sample viewer, using frameset would get your your pagination. Or are you using the report engine directly? Let me know.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: How to paginate when HTML preview is triggered in BIRT RCP? [message #1005847 is a reply to message #1005248] Tue, 29 January 2013 02:22 Go to previous message
callie16 - is currently offline callie16 -Friend
Thanks! Well, I managed to finally set the viewer to /frameset after digging deeper.

What we're actually doing is extending/customizing the BIRT RCP application since we've only begun exploring this type of application. Now, the problem is, I'm going through the RCP codes and although I was able to set the viewer to frameset, I can't seem to set the page range. At the moment, I've been trying to set it in the task as some of the examples online are showing. However, when I try doing it in the RCP, it seems to be disregarded.

Any ideas or suggestions regarding this?

Thanks!
Previous Topic:How dataset runs in dashboard
Next Topic:How allow QTP to investigate on a PDF report file generated by BIRT ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:56:03 GMT 2024