Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Make .xml files to highlight the code
Make .xml files to highlight the code [message #1004861] Thu, 24 January 2013 02:31 Go to next message
Tanel Tammik is currently offline Tanel TammikFriend
Hi,

i need to edit xml file, which in most part is lua (mushclient plugin).

koneki IDE does not highlight the code. when i copy the .xml file content into .lua file, code is highlighted. any thoughts how to fix this?
Re: Make .xml files to highlight the code [message #1005220 is a reply to message #1004861] Thu, 24 January 2013 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Aubry is currently offline Marc AubryFriend
Hi Tanel,

In eclipse, each file can be open with different editors, thanks to the right click menu "Open with".
So, to have Lua coloring in your Xml file, you can open the file with the Lua editor.
And to have the Xml coloring open the file with Xml editor (not installed in LDT standalone product).

But, keep in mind that your file is not a full Lua one or a full Xml one, so your file coloration in both editors can be partial or doesn't work at all, because both editors doesn't expected syntax mixed files.

Marc
Re: Make .xml files to highlight the code [message #1005317 is a reply to message #1004861] Thu, 24 January 2013 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

From the "Help > Install New Software..." menu, you should be able to install the "Eclipse XML Editors and Tools" features from the Eclipse Juno repository

Hope this helps Smile

Re: Make .xml files to highlight the code [message #1005354 is a reply to message #1005317] Fri, 25 January 2013 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tanel Tammik is currently offline Tanel TammikFriend
thanx. now how do i open it, so xml will be reqognized as lua?

file>open will open it in xml editor and lua part of that file is still not highlighted
Re: Make .xml files to highlight the code [message #1703278 is a reply to message #1005354] Thu, 30 July 2015 08:50 Go to previous message
simon inicnam is currently offline simon inicnamFriend
I did it work like

Help --> Install New Software -->
Available software sites-->
add-->
name : Eclipse XML Editors and Tools

it takes a while and after you get a long list .
Select XML , expand it , and install what you like

Bye
Previous Topic:Where can I find the debugger files (./debugger/xxx.lua)
Next Topic:Code Templates User variable with predefined values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:16:51 GMT 2024