Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Localization and extension-point schema definition errors
Localization and extension-point schema definition errors [message #1004636] Wed, 23 January 2013 15:21 Go to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

I just updated my Elcipse 4.2 environment to the latest M-Build:
Eclipse SDK
Version: 4.2.2
Build id: M20130116-1800

To be sure I wasn't doing anything wrong, I downloaded a new copy of eclipse.platform.ui repository and imported all of the bundles. Without changing anything, in any extension-point schema definition there are errors to the tune of "Reference element 'X' is not defined" and any localization property (whether in plugin.xml or MANIFEST.MF or ...) states "Key 'X' is not found in localization properties file" (which can be an error or warning depending on compiler settings).

The strange part is that this does not happen in every workspace. In the workspace I use for work, I don't receive any errors (same workbench sdk).

I have tried creating a new workspace with a new repository, but the problem persists. Before I go ahead and download a new SDK, I was hoping to figure out the issue.

Any one have the same issue (/ what am I missing) ?

Thanks,

JD
Re: Localization and extension-point schema definition errors [message #1005784 is a reply to message #1004636] Mon, 28 January 2013 17:32 Go to previous message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

Well I solved the issue, sort of...

I had a workspace by the name of "C:\dev\Alternate\Eclipse - 4.2.x" where I was receiving all of the errors. I changed my workspace to "C:\dev\Alternate\Eclipse_4.2.x" and that solve the issue.

So I'm not sure if this is something we need to look into more. If so, I would be happy to look.

JD
Previous Topic:CSS class is applied, but not propagated SWT attributes
Next Topic:Some questions about logging
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:20:17 GMT 2024