Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Display character limit + Freeze header on table(Display character limit + Freeze header on table)
Display character limit + Freeze header on table [message #1004564] Wed, 23 January 2013 13:10 Go to next message
Dragos Ando is currently offline Dragos AndoFriend
Hello,

I would like your help. I have a table with lots of columns. One of columns has a data cell with comments (string). These comments are sometimes very long. I want to limit the chracters displayed to a max of 20 and on mose over to be displayed all the string. It is possible?

And the second problem - It's a bout the same table. It returns many rows. Is there a any chance to freeze the header on scrool down?

I'm using 3.6.1 platform on eclipse.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Re: Display character limit + Freeze header on table [message #1004787 is a reply to message #1004564] Wed, 23 January 2013 21:46 Go to previous message
Kristopher Clark is currently offline Kristopher ClarkFriend
You can use a dynamic text object in your table to truncate the comments and use helpText instead of the onmouseover(). I've attached an example for you to take a look at. I dragged over a dynamic text into my table and used "" as the expression so BIRT wouldn't give me an error. Then I used this script in the onCreate() of the dynamic text.

var allText = row["CUSTOMERNAME"];
var tuncText = allText.substring(0,3);
this.text = tuncText;
this.helpText = allText;

I used substring to truncate the string. I used a length of 3, but you can adjust this to 20 so it meets your needs. If you hover over the rows it will show the full string in the helpText.

To fix the header on your table you can put the table in a grid with two rows and one column, set the height of the grid, and set the overflow to scroll. Then you can put the header information in row one of the grid.
Previous Topic:How to change ODA Data Source 'Connection &Profile Name' at runtime?
Next Topic:Problems with cache
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:27:36 GMT 2024