Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Custom ESB application type(Is it possible to create a custom ESB application type ? )
Custom ESB application type [message #1004247] Tue, 22 January 2013 21:31 Go to next message
Gudrun Kokoszka is currently offline Gudrun KokoszkaFriend
Hi Stardust team

I am interested in whether or not it is possible to create a custom ESB application type or any other kind of custom application type for Stardust ? My organization may choose to implement not Camel but a different ESB. Since this is open-source code could you direct me to documentation that would help me evaluate what is required to develop such an application type/component ?

Background of inquiry is as follows:
Our university will upgrade to BANNER XE at some point and it seems to come with IPP and Camel for BPMS and ESB.

Thanks for your help
Gudrun
Re: Custom ESB application type [message #1004496 is a reply to message #1004247] Wed, 23 January 2013 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Hi Gudrun,

this is possible and has been done in a number of projects. However, the API for the custom application type is not part of the official product API and therefore there is very little documentation on this topic. Also note that there is no guaranty that internal API will be kept stable accross releases and adjustments may be required.

As time permits we will add this topic to the knowledgebase wiki.

I would pick the application type that is closest to what you plan to implementen and start from its source code.

For the Camel application the important classes would be:
org.eclipse.stardust.engine.extensions.camel.app.CamelProducerSpringBeanApplicationInstance
org.eclipse.stardust.engine.extensions.camel.app.CamelProducerSpringBeanAccessPointProvider
org.eclipse.stardust.engine.extensions.camel.app.CamelProducerSpringBeanValidator
org.eclipse.stardust.model.xpdl.builder.variable.CamelApplicationBuilder

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions regarding this code.

Best regards

Robert
Re: Custom ESB application type [message #1718336 is a reply to message #1004496] Tue, 22 December 2015 15:19 Go to previous message
Gudrun Koko is currently offline Gudrun KokoFriend
Hi Stardust team,

with version 3.0.1 can you provide some additional documentation on Stardust's custom application type API ?

Also has anyone from the Stardust community tried to develop a Stardust custom application type for Mule ESB ?

Thanks
Gudrun

Previous Topic:Copying Model
Next Topic:Error 404 Stardust Portal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:03:53 GMT 2024