Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » aggregation doesn't work(aggregation doesn't work when the report element is from the library)
aggregation doesn't work [message #1003955] Tue, 22 January 2013 10:18 Go to next message
XU Fabien is currently offline XU FabienFriend
Hello,

I have a problem when creating some reports. I created all the reports' elements in the libraries and added them to the reports.
When I used these report element to the reports, the aggregation could not be found when I use the run+render mode.

My birt version is 2.6.2. and the runtime version is the same.
Here is the example batch that I used to run the report and you can use the report in the attachement to test it.
Thanks in advance for the help. I appreciate very much all your advises.

**********************************************************************************
Set BIRT_HOME=C:\birt-runtime-2_6_2\
Set Location=C:\Users\yyy\Desktop

CMD /C %BIRT_HOME%\ReportEngine\genReport.bat -m run -o %Location%\testgroup.rptdocument %Location%\testgroup.rptdesign

CMD /C %BIRT_HOME%\ReportEngine\genReport.bat -m render -o %Location%\testgroup.pdf -f PDF %Location%\testgroup.rptdocument
*************************************************************************************
Re: aggregation doesn't work [message #1004290 is a reply to message #1003955] Tue, 22 January 2013 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Did you see this thread:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/765782/

Jason
Re: aggregation doesn't work [message #1004455 is a reply to message #1004290] Wed, 23 January 2013 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason,

I have tried the tips that you put in the thread. But it did not work either.

The fact is that when I use the mode Run+Render, it can not find the group which is used by the aggregation element. But if I ran the report with RunAndRender mode, it worked well.

I found a workaround that is to edit the group in the rptdisign by right click-->edit.
And just click 'OK' without any further change.
With this way, the report works well. But imagine that we have a lot of the same report elements, if we use this workaround, that will be a disaster...

Thanks for the help.

Fabien
Re: aggregation doesn't work [message #1004475 is a reply to message #1004455] Wed, 23 January 2013 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have done some tests again.
If you take the example that I attached here and do the modification.
1-Create the table directly and do not add it in the cell of the Grid.
2-Add this table to the report
3-Run the report with Run+Render mode

In this way, the report works well.
So it means the tables which contain the aggregation of the group can not be added into the grid for the Run+Render mode...
Re: aggregation doesn't work [message #1004643 is a reply to message #1004475] Wed, 23 January 2013 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

This does appear to be a bug. Can you open a bugzilla for this? Make sure to reference this thread.

Jason
Re: aggregation doesn't work [message #1004665 is a reply to message #1004643] Wed, 23 January 2013 16:16 Go to previous message
I have filed a bug for this...
Previous Topic:securing BIRT url
Next Topic:How to change ODA Data Source 'Connection &Profile Name' at runtime?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:40:40 GMT 2024