Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Embedding an existing form in another form
Embedding an existing form in another form [message #1003541] Mon, 21 January 2013 13:32 Go to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
Let's assume I have a form that I am using as a standalone form, but would also want to include it as part of another form (either as a form-in-a-form or as a tab of a TabBox).

Can this be done? If so, how would I go about this?
Re: Embedding an existing form in another form [message #1003856 is a reply to message #1003541] Tue, 22 January 2013 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Are you looking for WrappedFormField ? (I agree this description needs to be extended - but I hope it gives you a start)

An other approach is to define your TabBox in a template. You can include you TabBox in two forms.

See an example at: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Concepts/Template
Re: Embedding an existing form in another form [message #1003891 is a reply to message #1003856] Tue, 22 January 2013 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
Jeremie Bresson wrote on Tue, 22 January 2013 07:15
Are you looking for WrappedFormField ? (I agree this description needs to be extended - but I hope it gives you a start)

Thanks, I must have missed this when going through the available fields. It sounds like it would do what I want, I'll see if I can get it to work.

Jeremie Bresson wrote on Tue, 22 January 2013 07:15

An other approach is to define your TabBox in a template. You can include you TabBox in two forms.

I've used templates before and I had considered this approach but didn't think making a template of a complete form would make sense (not even sure it would work). But you are right of course, I could probably make a template of just the elements of the first form (having the form only consist of the form itself, the buttons and an instance of the template) and then reuse that template as a tabbox or a groupbox on another form.

Thanks for your help, I'll have a look at the two approaches and see how I do.
Re: Embedding an existing form in another form [message #1003911 is a reply to message #1003891] Tue, 22 January 2013 08:12 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I forgot to mention that with WrappedFormField you need to handle the lifecycle of the embedded form by ourself. This is not always easy.

Do not hesitate to ask your questions here (that way, we can improve the wiki page)
Previous Topic:Expanding TreeBoxField by default
Next Topic:ValueField, NumberField, DecimalField
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:14:03 GMT 2024