Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » (MAC) Program "g++" not found in PATH(errors when running C program in eclipse for mac)
(MAC) Program "g++" not found in PATH [message #1002986] Sun, 20 January 2013 02:00 Go to next message
Jack FerrisFriend
I downloaded Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers for Mac and am trying to run a C program. I am getting these two errors when I create a new C project.

Program "g++" not found in PATH
Program "gcc" not found in PATH

I'm assuming this has something to do with the compiler? I am not sure how to set this up, so any help would be appreciated. Is there something I need to mess with in the preferences or something I need to install?

see picture

EDIT: I downloaded the command line tools for xcode and the two errors went away. But, now I am getting an error: "Launch failed. Binary not found."

EDIT: Problem solved.

Thank to Klaus_Mr:

"Did you build test.cpp within Eclipse? On the screen shot I miss some generated folders:

Press CTRL+B (or however this key is called on a Mac). After a successfully build you should see a folder "Debug" or "Release" in the Project Explorer view and a virtual Folder Binaries. Now right click on one of the binaries and select Run as > Local C/C++ Application.

Regards,
Klaus"

[Updated on: Mon, 21 January 2013 21:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: (MAC) Program "g++" not found in PATH [message #1003714 is a reply to message #1002986] Mon, 21 January 2013 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jack FerrisFriend
anybody?
Re: (MAC) Program "g++" not found in PATH [message #1058739 is a reply to message #1002986] Tue, 14 May 2013 19:27 Go to previous message
Joe White is currently offline Joe WhiteFriend
I've got the same problem, so downloaded Xcode, but now the same errors are appearing in a different location. Is there something else I need to do or if not, any ideas on what to do to fix it?
Previous Topic:Problem with function breakpoints
Next Topic:Symbol error when I use boost.unerdered_set in my project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:12:56 GMT 2024