Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » How to load a workspace specific plugin (Workspace specific plugin)
How to load a workspace specific plugin [message #1001860] Thu, 17 January 2013 13:08
Sunil Bannur is currently offline Sunil BannurFriend
Hello All,

This is my issue, appreciate your response.

1. For our eclipse based product I have a com.a.b.myfeatures plugin which basically uses the library lib/myfeatures.jar in it and exports the classes in it and other plugins work with these classes.

2. During our product development developement, we work with a development version of myfeatures.jar, so it all works fine.

3. When we release our product, we give the capability for the user to work with a custom myfeatures.jar based on the workspace, for example workspace1 can use c:\myfeatures.jar and workspace2 can use d:\myfeatures.jar

To accomplish 3, I was thinking of copying c:\myfeature.jar to the com.a.b.myfeatures plugin lib directory during equinox IApplication start

But we also want users to simultaneously use the product in workspace1 and workspace2, in that case this will not work, as I cannot overwrite myfeatures.jar.

What is the best solution for this?

I searched for workspace specific plugins, or to construct a dynamic com.a.b.myfeatures plugin copy the jar and load that plugin, but I'm getting nowhere

Previous Topic:Get List of all Bundles
Next Topic:SSH keystore incompatible if generated with IBM JDK
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:05:05 GMT 2024