Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » Differences in supported dump file formats(Are there differences between linux/windows formats?)
Differences in supported dump file formats [message #1001443] Wed, 16 January 2013 18:05 Go to next message
JMark Hord is currently offline JMark HordFriend
Noticed a friend who is using eclipse on a linux box can open phd or hprof files.

I am on a windows box using eclipse and when I go to open a heap dump, it lists only hprof files and does not allow me to select a PHD format.

Both of us are using Indigo and both using MAT 1.2.1.

Is this by design?
Re: Differences in supported dump file formats [message #1001882 is a reply to message #1001443] Thu, 17 January 2013 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JMark Hord is currently offline JMark HordFriend
Sorry for multiple posts on this - my browser appeared to hang when I posted this first and I did not see it so I posted again. However, I did find the answer to my question.... With MAT there is only support for HPROF and for other formats the additional DTFJ tools are needed.
Re: Differences in supported dump file formats [message #1002368 is a reply to message #1001882] Fri, 18 January 2013 13:25 Go to previous message
Krum Tsvetkov is currently offline Krum TsvetkovFriend
In order to open dumps from IBM VMs (PHD or system dumps), you need to install the IBM Diagnostic Tool Framework for Java (DTFJ) from the IBM site.
Have a look at this description:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/MemoryAnalyzer#System_Dumps_and_Heap_Dumps_from_IBM_Virtual_Machines

I hope this helps!

Krum
Previous Topic:How to start MAT
Next Topic:Limited formats - hprof vs phd
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:13:45 GMT 2024