Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Component diagram and displaying required and provided interfaces
Component diagram and displaying required and provided interfaces [message #1001351] Wed, 16 January 2013 14:46 Go to next message
J Green is currently offline J GreenFriend
Hello,

I have been following this example on the papyrus website entitled "Dealing with component diagrams in Papyrus" which I cannot link to as it my first post. Hopefully googling the title brings it up on the first page.

Have created two components FlightPlanner and FlightControl. FlightPlanner realizes the interface FlightPlanAccess and FlightController uses same the interface(See FlightClassDiagram.) I have also defined a class within the FlightPlanner call FlightPlanAccessManager which which is typed a port on the FlightPlanner component. The port is set to provide FlightPlanAccess interfaces defined through "Manage Interfaces" on the port object. (See PortFlightPlanAccessOutProvidedInterface)

The FlightController has a class with same name which is typed to the port of the FlightControl component. I have defined FlightPlanAccess as required in the "Manage Interfaces" section for this port of the port object. (See PortFlightPlanAccessInRequiredInterface)

My problem is in the component diagram I am expecting to see the provided and required relationships, as suggested in the described Papyrus example, of the interface through the ports but they do not appear (see ComponentDiagramExpectingToSee). I am not sure if there is a switch or something I need to do to get them to display. I cannot find the button described in the example.

The only thing I can do to kinda get the diagram looking to how I expect is by manually drawing the required links between the component diagram (See ComponentDiagramForcedRealationship). I not sure this is right because by manually drawing a Realization link between the PortFlightPlanAccess and the interface seem to be duplicating what the "Manage Interfaces" provided is supposed be doing.

Creating a Uses link between the interface and PortFlightPlanAccess creates the expected symbol but I am not sure it is correct as I am expected a Required Symbol hook which then I can link to the interface. By creating the link directly between the port I am not sure I am satisfying the "Required" as defined in the "Manage Interfaces" section.

Could some one clarify the correct course of action?

Many thanks
Re: Component diagram and displaying required and provided interfaces [message #1015961 is a reply to message #1001351] Mon, 04 March 2013 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonathan Fernandez is currently offline Jonathan FernandezFriend
Hi,

I think I managed to do what you want, without duplicating the interface usage/realisation.
The only thing is that I don't use Ports, because it doesn't work otherwise.

First, I have created a similar Class Diagram, as you showed in your post (class_interfaces.png)

Once you have that, the information the following informations are stored in the model :
- The component FlightPlanner realizes the Interface "FlightPlanAccess"
- The component FlightControl uses the Interface "FlightPlanAccess"

You can access this information via the Model Explorer Window.
Inside the FlightPlanner Component -> Client Dependency -> Realization/Usage

Then, you can create a Component Diagram, and drag and Drop the two components from the model explorer.
Then also drag and drop the Interface Realization :
(interface_realization.png)

Once you did that, the Interface "FlightPlanAccess" appears with Lolipop symbol, and it is connected to the FlightPlanner Component.

You can do the exact same thing with the "Usage" of the second component.
The usage will appear with the hook :
(interface_final.png)

I hope this will be helpful,

Regards,

Jonathan.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 March 2013 12:41]

Report message to a moderator

icon5.gif  Re: Component diagram and displaying required and provided interfaces [message #1268639 is a reply to message #1001351] Mon, 10 March 2014 19:35 Go to previous message
Stephan Faßbender is currently offline Stephan FaßbenderFriend
Hi,
currently i also have the problem to convince papyrus to show lollypops. I followed the small example of Jonathan. But the result looks different for me.

Here is my class diagram which looks the very same like in the example beside the naming: index.php/fa/17695/0/.
But when i do the drag and drop actions as described the result looks like: index.php/fa/17696/0/. Which is not what i would expect or desire.

Do i miss anything? Any one has solved this problem?

Btw. it would be great if one has a solution using ports.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Stephan
Previous Topic:Will there be a Papyrus SR2b?...
Next Topic:Accessing object name or attributes in comments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:31:05 GMT 2024