Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » tagging(svn tagging fails because of authentication)
tagging [message #1000992] Tue, 15 January 2013 20:39 Go to next message
Douglas Moore is currently offline Douglas MooreFriend
I'm using hudson 2.2.0 and svn plugin 2.3.6. When I tag I select "use alternate credentials -> user name/password authentication. I enter my svn user/password but it fails with the following. I confirmed my user/password have privileges to tag outside of hudson.

org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNCancelException: svn: E200015: authentication cancelled
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.cancel(SVNErrorManager.java:37)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.cancel(SVNErrorManager.java:32)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.getFirstAuthentication(DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.java:177)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:580)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:286)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:274)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.performHttpRequest(DAVConnection.java:704)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.doMakeActivity(DAVConnection.java:385)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVCommitEditor.createActivity(DAVCommitEditor.java:444)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVCommitEditor.openRoot(DAVCommitEditor.java:96)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNCommitUtil.driveCommitEditor(SVNCommitUtil.java:96)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNCopyDriver.copyReposToRepos(SVNCopyDriver.java:372)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNCopyDriver.setupCopy(SVNCopyDriver.java:627)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc16.SVNCopyClient16.doCopy(SVNCopyClient16.java:437)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.remote.SvnNgReposToReposCopy.run(SvnNgReposToReposCopy.java:65)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.remote.SvnNgReposToReposCopy.run(SvnNgReposToReposCopy.java:23)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.SvnOperationRunner.run(SvnOperationRunner.java:20)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnOperationFactory.run(SvnOperationFactory.java:1235)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnOperation.run(SvnOperation.java:291)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnRemoteCopy.run(SvnRemoteCopy.java:227)
	at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNCopyClient.doCopy(SVNCopyClient.java:480)
	at hudson.scm.SubversionTagAction$TagWorkerThread.perform(SubversionTagAction.java:279)
	at hudson.model.TaskThread.run(TaskThread.java:126)

So any ideas?
Re: tagging [message #1001004 is a reply to message #1000992] Tue, 15 January 2013 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve ChristouFriend

If you go to: http://localhost:8080/scm/SubversionSCM/postCredential and try using your credentials, do you receive any kind of error? Also, if you are overriding credentials, do you see a .svn folder being created in the job folder?

/**
 * @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: tagging [message #1001007 is a reply to message #1001004] Tue, 15 January 2013 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That link does not work and I did replace localhost with my hudson server.

There is a .subersion under HUDSON_HOME but not under jobs or jobs/project
Re: tagging [message #1001010 is a reply to message #1001007] Tue, 15 January 2013 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I posted the wrong link, http://localhost:8080/scm/SubversionSCM/enterCredential is the correct one.

Would it be possible to send me the .subversion file(schristou88@gmail.com). Comment out the username/password.

/**
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: tagging [message #1001016 is a reply to message #1001007] Tue, 15 January 2013 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think the option "use alternate credentials for tagging works".

We are running RHel5 and the hudson server process is owned by user "hudson". There is no svn user hudson.

Why I think this is relevant is because we have another hudson server which we are transitioning from. The owner of the hudson server process is "bobt". There is a bobt subversion account. When I tag from this server the tagging works and is logged as a "bobt" revision even though I specified my svn username and password via "use alternate credentials"

Re: tagging [message #1001021 is a reply to message #1001010] Tue, 15 January 2013 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That link work. When I entered my svn credentials I was successfully authenticated.
Now I have $HUDSON_HOME/hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.xml which I don't believe existed before. It contains my svn user name and an encrypted password.

.subversion is a folder and under that is 3 files "config README.txt servers"
None have user/pass info
Re: tagging [message #1001159 is a reply to message #1001021] Wed, 16 January 2013 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If you are still experiencing this issue could you log a bug to http://bugs.eclipse.org under the Hudson svn component?

Thanks,
Steve.

/**
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: tagging [message #1001454 is a reply to message #1001159] Wed, 16 January 2013 18:39 Go to previous message
I upgraded hudson and relevant plugins and it still doesn't work.
I'll enter a bug
Previous Topic:Maven Release Builds Failing After Upgrade to 3.0
Next Topic:[Solved] Configure job loading screen hangs. Groovy plugin exception.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:19:40 GMT 2024