Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT Report Prompting for Username/Password
BIRT Report Prompting for Username/Password [message #1000839] Tue, 15 January 2013 14:07 Go to next message
birt user is currently offline birt userFriend
In my organization, we're hoping to have one or two individuals build BIRT reports and then share them with other users who run the BIRT report. However, these users need to run the report using their credentials instead of the credentials of the report designer.

I know that the end users could modify the data source to enter their own username/password. However, that process is a bit complicated for non-technical users.

Is there any way to save a BIRT report so that it prompts the user for the username/password to be used?

Note - All of my end users have different username/passwords which grant them varying levels of access.

Thanks.
Re: BIRT Report Prompting for Username/Password [message #1000995 is a reply to message #1000839] Tue, 15 January 2013 20:45 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

If you look at the property binding tab of the dataSource, you'll see that you can use the expression builder to specify the username and password. You could create report parameters that would take the user's input and pass it through, in these expressions.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Embedding HTML data from db into report
Next Topic:Execute a script etc when birt report closes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:06:17 GMT 2024