Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Muster roll report using Birt (Please Help me to prepare the report)
Muster roll report using Birt [message #1000778] Tue, 15 January 2013 12:23 Go to next message
Bhaskar N is currently offline Bhaskar NFriend
Hello,

I am new to this forum and i am looking for a solution to prepare the report.
earlier i was using Crystal reports to Prepare Reports. as the requirement of our customer changed, we changed our reporting tool to Birt and we are preparing old crystal reports using Birt Reporting tool.

So, please can any one Help me out to generate the Report as shown in the image which i have attached....?
:)
Re: Muster roll report using Birt [message #1000998 is a reply to message #1000778] Tue, 15 January 2013 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

It might depend on how your data is set up, but this appears to be what you'd use a crosstab for. The date field would be the column dimension, the user info would be the row dimensions and the times and remark fields would be the measures. To use strings as measures, you'd need to remember to set the type to string and the aggregation to first, in the dataCube. If you show a small sample of how the data looks in your result set and let me know your BIRT version, I could probably make you a quick sample.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Muster roll report using Birt [message #1001196 is a reply to message #1000998] Wed, 16 January 2013 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bhaskar N is currently offline Bhaskar NFriend
Thanking you for replying.

My Birt version is Birt 3.7.0.

I have attached a screen shot of report which i have developed using Birt. Here i have used Cross Tab, in which Employee Details and Date are placed in Groups and InTime, OutTime & Hours are included in Summary. In that report i can't able to place In time, Out time and hours one below the other, so that i can reduce the width of the report. Please suggest me a solution to place Summary field one below the other.

Expecting your reply.

BhaskarN
Re: Muster roll report using Birt [message #1002450 is a reply to message #1001196] Fri, 18 January 2013 15:59 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

In the general tab of the property editor, there is a property for orientation that you can change that should change this, if I'm understanding correctly.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:IParameterMetaData.parameterNullable ignored by RCP Designer ?
Next Topic:Fix Table height on each page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:47:21 GMT 2024