Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Getting error while using environment variables(Getting Error: 7009: Test Execution Error. Variable with name $PRODUCT_HOME is not resolvable.)
Getting error while using environment variables [message #1000723] Tue, 15 January 2013 10:25 Go to next message
Himanshu Parmar is currently offline Himanshu ParmarFriend
Hi,

I am using Windows Server 2003 machine. I have added some environment variables using format TEST_UDV_{{variable_name}}. For example, TEST_UDV_PRODUCT_HOME.

Now I am trying to use this variable in my test case, where I have replaceText step. I am providing the Parameter Value as $PRODUCT_HOME. But it fails giving error

:7009: Test Execution Error.
Variable with name $PRODUCT_HOME is not resolvable.

In PRODUCT_HOME, I am providing the path of my AUT.

Please let me know what mistake I am doing while using env variable.

Thanks,
Himanshu

[Updated on: Tue, 15 January 2013 10:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Getting error while using environment variables [message #1000832 is a reply to message #1000723] Tue, 15 January 2013 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Kolesov is currently offline Alexander KolesovFriend
Hi,
Just a guess - did you restart Jubula after env. variable definition?
Re: Getting error while using environment variables [message #1001129 is a reply to message #1000832] Wed, 16 January 2013 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

Yes, I did restart the Jubula. I am not sure why it's not picking up the value.

One more question for you, do we have option to specify global variables, just like pre-defined Jubula variables where we can specify key-value pairs?

Either option will work for me. Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
Himanshu
Re: Getting error while using environment variables [message #1001762 is a reply to message #1001129] Thu, 17 January 2013 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Kolesov is currently offline Alexander KolesovFriend
Hi,
I think you can use global data set for extracting predefined values.
Or you can create a keyword like 'apsInitGlobals' where you will initialize required variables and place the keyword at the very beginning of test suite.

Thanks,
Alex
Re: Getting error while using environment variables [message #1002200 is a reply to message #1001762] Fri, 18 January 2013 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

If you can use the Store Variable action (on the "Application" component) to work around your problem, all the better. In terms of environment variables, one other thing to be aware of is that they can only be used on the client (ITE) machine - not on the machine where the AUT Agent is running. Perhaps that explains your issue.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Getting error while using environment variables [message #1002313 is a reply to message #1002200] Fri, 18 January 2013 11:37 Go to previous message
Thanks Alex, I did use Store variable action and it works fine. I am trying to use external file in which I am providing Key-Value pairs and I will be using those keys as parameters. Why I am doing this is to make user not to open the testcase and make changes. Hopefully "Using an Excel file as an external data source" should resolve my issue.

Thanks,
Himanshu
Previous Topic:5009: AUT start failed
Next Topic:testexec from Windows connect to linux AUT failed at the end
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:49:19 GMT 2024