Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Maven Release Builds Failing After Upgrade to 3.0
Maven Release Builds Failing After Upgrade to 3.0 [message #1000532] Tue, 15 January 2013 00:23 Go to next message
Shelli Orton is currently offline Shelli OrtonFriend
Hi,

After upgrading to Hudson 3.0, our Maven release builds have started failing.

We use Mercurial on a remote server as our scm repo. In my pom.xml, I have the <scm> and <distributionManagement> configs set up. In my Hudson job (free-style), my build step invokes the built-in Maven 3 with the goals: release:prepare release:perform

My job's repository URL is set like this:

https://hudson:password@my.hg.server/repos/MyProject

I generated a public/private key on my Hudson server for 'hudson' (which is the user our Hudson Glassfish server runs as) and copied the public key to our Mercurial server.

We are getting this error:

[INFO] o.h.m.e.h.MavenExecutionResultHandler - [1] org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.2.2:prepare (default-cli) on project test-build: Unable to commit files
Provider message:

EXECUTION FAILED
Execution of cmd : push failed with exit code: 1.
Working directory was:
/opt/home/hudson/jobs/My Project - Manual Release/workspace
Your Hg installation seems to be valid and complete.
Hg version: 1.3.1 (OK)

We also updated our 'hudson' user from being an LDAP user to being local users on both servers. However, I can successfully ssh to the Mercurial server from the Hudson server without providing a password, so I know that is set up correctly between the two.

I'm not convinced it's a Hudson issue, but I'm not sure what else could be the problem.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Re: Maven Release Builds Failing After Upgrade to 3.0 [message #1000926 is a reply to message #1000532] Tue, 15 January 2013 17:45 Go to previous message
Shelli Orton is currently offline Shelli OrtonFriend
As expected, it was not a Hudson issue per se, but permissions on the user that is running Hudson. As part of the Hudson upgrade, the user was changed and it's group permissions were different from the old user.
Previous Topic:Change Font Color (3.0.0)?
Next Topic:tagging
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:14:35 GMT 2024