Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] Newbie Question XMI (Migrating from Tutorial to stripped down real life example)
[Acceleo] Newbie Question XMI [message #1000266] Mon, 14 January 2013 11:54 Go to next message
Martin Kreutz is currently offline Martin KreutzFriend
Hi all,

I've just startet with the "Getting started with..." tutorial, which worked fine using the Acceleo UML example model.

I've now switched to a a stripped down XMI exported from Enterprise Architect. I'm attaching this XMI file.
The file differs in the namespace definitions e.g. within the model from the example and the stripped down the namespaces for xmlns:xmi and xmlns:uml are defined with different URIs.

As the mtl example file has a reference to the URI of the UML Namespage within the [module generate(...)] line, I assume that this is the cause for the error which I'm currently getting:
"The generation failed to generate any file because there are no model elements that matches at least the type of the first parameter of one of your main templates. [...]"

I could not find hints in the included documentation, so I'm a bit stuck.
I've read that there is something called the Acceleo bridge to read in EA models. Is that still valid Acceleo 3.x? If so, what do I have to do to use this bridge?

Another thing I've considered is to use another metamodel URI in the Acceleo project wizard, but I didn't see anything matching the OMG UML2.1 URI.

Thanks for any and all hints.

Regards,
Martin
Re: [Acceleo] Newbie Question XMI [message #1000341 is a reply to message #1000266] Mon, 14 January 2013 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

If you're using the Juno release, the problems with legacy UML
namespaces resolved in
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=389542 may affect you.
Make sure you use an MDT/UML2 maintenance build.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 14/01/2013 13:43, Martin Kreutz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just startet with the "Getting started with..." tutorial, which worked fine using the Acceleo UML example model.
>
> I've now switched to a a stripped down XMI exported from Enterprise Architect. I'm attaching this XMI file.
> The file differs in the namespace definitions e.g. within the model from the example and the stripped down the namespaces for xmlns:xmi and xmlns:uml are defined with different URIs.
>
> As the mtl example file has a reference to the URI of the UML Namespage within the [module generate(...)] line, I assume that this is the cause for the error which I'm currently getting:
> "The generation failed to generate any file because there are no model elements that matches at least the type of the first parameter of one of your main templates. [...]"
>
> I could not find hints in the included documentation, so I'm a bit stuck.
> I've read that there is something called the Acceleo bridge to read in EA models. Is that still valid Acceleo 3.x? If so, what do I have to do to use this bridge?
>
> Another thing I've considered is to use another metamodel URI in the Acceleo project wizard, but I didn't see anything matching the OMG UML2.1 URI.
>
> Thanks for any and all hints.
>
> Regards,
> Martin
Re: [Acceleo] Newbie Question XMI [message #1000633 is a reply to message #1000341] Tue, 15 January 2013 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Kreutz is currently offline Martin KreutzFriend
Hi Ed,

thank you very much for your reply.
I'm a newbie regarding the modelling components, so my next question might be rather stupid.
I can convert the XMI to an Ecore model using the UML Editor.
Would this work, if the bug that you mentioned affected me?

Regards
Martin
Re: [Acceleo] Newbie Question XMI [message #1000647 is a reply to message #1000633] Tue, 15 January 2013 06:57 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

The bug I'm referring leads to a total failure to load with a problem
such as PackageNotFoundException.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 15/01/2013 06:05, Martin Kreutz wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> thank you very much for your reply. I'm a newbie regarding the
> modelling components, so my next question might be rather stupid.
> I can convert the XMI to an Ecore model using the UML Editor.
> Would this work, if the bug that you mentioned affected me?
>
> Regards
> Martin
Previous Topic:JET Editor
Next Topic:[Acceleo] Accents
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:15:28 GMT 2024