Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Null pointer exception on keyword update
Null pointer exception on keyword update [message #1000236] Mon, 14 January 2013 10:29 Go to next message
Alexander Kolesov is currently offline Alexander KolesovFriend
Hello,
could you please advise how to handle the following problem.
I'm trying to update keyword (by introducing parameter on one of its step instead of hardcoded value).
After saving it I get the following exception (can give the full stack if needed):
!MESSAGE Save Failed
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.ui.rcp.editors.TestCaseEditor.removeIncorrectCompNamePairsInExecTcs(TestCaseEditor.java:200)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.ui.rcp.editors.TestCaseEditor.doSave(TestCaseEditor.java:165)

Note: this keyword is used in each test case I created. All test cases are put in Test Suites. Could it be the reason?

Thanks,
Alex
Re: Null pointer exception on keyword update [message #1000648 is a reply to message #1000236] Tue, 15 January 2013 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I know that I've seen a bug for this (that I was sure we fixed), but I can't find it at the moment. If I remember correctly, it's not pretty, but the workaround was to close the editor (and perhaps refresh the project) and then everything should be ok again.

Feel free to put in a bug though / to comment more if the steps mentioned above don't help.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Null pointer exception on keyword update [message #1000843 is a reply to message #1000648] Tue, 15 January 2013 14:21 Go to previous message
Alexander Kolesov is currently offline Alexander KolesovFriend
Hi Alex,
I entered a bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=398190

Workaround to close the editor (and perhaps refresh the project), restart Jubula did not help
Previous Topic:How to use default value in a local data set
Next Topic:5009: AUT start failed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:02:37 GMT 2024