Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » eclipse 4 Application branding problem(eclipse 4 Application branding problem)
icon4.gif  eclipse 4 Application branding problem [message #999059] Fri, 11 January 2013 08:44 Go to next message
senyuan wang is currently offline senyuan wangFriend
But here I have a branding problem, maybe it sounds very simple, and it should be very simple. but trust me, it have blocked me for days, and I still unable to solve it.

the problem is I want to put our own icon in the upper-left corner of the APP, but I can't make it work. I searched the web, and the answer I got is to set windowImages with the icons when defining the product, what I already did, but it didn't work.

I tried it with a simple RCP, not a eclipse 4 application, it did work.

I know little about the difference between RCP and e4 application, but for me, it seems the biggest difference here is e4 will use org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.E4Application to load Application.e4xmi file;

besides trying windowImages, I also tried to set icon uri of the trimmed window in Application.e4xmi file, it didn't work either.

Please help me out of this. this feature is very simple, but without it, our APP should be seems to unprofessional.
Re: eclipse 4 Application branding problem [message #999189 is a reply to message #999059] Fri, 11 January 2013 14:38 Go to previous message
Christoph Keimel is currently offline Christoph KeimelFriend
Hi

Have a look a bug 280825. This issue has been fixed, but you probably need to get a newer version of the e4 plugins.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=280825

If you want to use multiple icons, have a look at this thread:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/440442/986670/#msg_986670

Hope this helps!

Greetings
Christoph
Previous Topic:Dynamic menuitems in partmenu does not show up
Next Topic:How to show upper-left corner icon for a E4 APP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:54:00 GMT 2024