Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DSDP - Target Management » Could RSE be used to mirror local project to remote system
Could RSE be used to mirror local project to remote system [message #999037] Fri, 11 January 2013 07:49 Go to next message
Mike Whittaker is currently offline Mike WhittakerFriend
I initially thought I could use RSE/EFS to perform work on a remote sandbox, with version control and source indexing via Eclipse, but it seems that the tools integration (EGit, PyDev) currently does not support that mode of working.

So what would be second best: perform work (EGit, PyDev source analysis) locally on the workstation, and having RSE (-type mechanism) copy any updates to the remote system.

So a Ctrl-S save (etc) would save the file locally and also push it to the remote using the RSE mechanism - sort of local caching, where the Eclipse tools only worked on the 'cache'.

My guess is that this is not possible ... even so it would be very handy for me; don't know if anyone else would also find it useful.

So effectively local Eclipse folders would be associated with an rse:// folder that got a) populated initially b) updated on saves. Hmm, put like that, it doesn't sound too hard ...

[Updated on: Fri, 11 January 2013 07:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Could RSE be used to mirror local project to remote system [message #999056 is a reply to message #999037] Fri, 11 January 2013 08:37 Go to previous message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
Have a look at the RDT project ("Remote Development Tools") which is a subcomponent of PTP (Parallel Tools Project).

If I'm not mistaken, they have a project-synchronizer between the local and the remote which actually uses git to transfer the source.

http://eclipse.org/ptp/

Previous Topic:Error listing directory content
Next Topic:RSE Export / Import All Connections
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:52:02 GMT 2024