Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » RCP build very slow after platform change
RCP build very slow after platform change [message #998742] Thu, 10 January 2013 15:54 Go to next message
Stefan Eitel is currently offline Stefan EitelFriend
Hello @all,

I built my rich client with eclipse rcp 3.6.2 so far. After 5 min. the built finished. Now, after upgrade to version 3.7.2, the new target "@dot.nestedJars" slows down the build process significantly. Now, it takes about 90 minutes. I don't need the unzipping of my third party libs, which slows down the intire process. Is it possible to tell PDE to "ignore" this "new" ant target?

Thanks
Stefan
Re: RCP build very slow after platform change [message #999209 is a reply to message #998742] Fri, 11 January 2013 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
Do you know why it is taking so long? Do you have a large number of nested jars?

I don't know of a way to skip the nestedJars target in the build script. In PDE Build the extraction always happens, there is no setting being checked.

This was added via https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=157375
Re: RCP build very slow after platform change [message #1000246 is a reply to message #999209] Mon, 14 January 2013 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Eitel is currently offline Stefan EitelFriend
Hi Curtis,

no, i don't have many nested jars (about 5). Okay, then I have to accept this. But it is ugly that pde can't be configured in this way.

Thank you
Stefan
Re: RCP build very slow after platform change [message #1000358 is a reply to message #998742] Mon, 14 January 2013 15:38 Go to previous message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
While the performance impact of this change was never measured, it was tested on builds with more than 5 nested jars and there was no significant change in the build time (certainly not 5 > 90 minutes bad). It would be more helpful to know why the performance is so poor for you and try to fix that.
Previous Topic:How to get all the hierarchical type information?
Next Topic:Export Feature includes the father feature in 3.6 eclipse and not in 3.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:53:12 GMT 2024