Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Testexec hangs if unable to connect to AUT
Testexec hangs if unable to connect to AUT [message #998582] Thu, 10 January 2013 09:49 Go to next message
Lars Ostling is currently offline Lars OstlingFriend
Hi,

I'm preparing my Jubula test setup for running it in Hudson. I have created a script that performs all the necessary steps from installing eclipse and the plugin I'm testing, adding the rcp-support, importing my jubula tests from my hg repository to the db, starting the autagent, launching the AUT using autrun and then running the tests using testexec. This all usually works fine but the problem I have is when testexec, for one reason or the other, fails to connect to my running AUT. It then seems like the testexec tool just hangs, I would have preferred it to just fail the tests and exit. So I have a few questions:

What is the logic of the testexec tool when it fails to connect to the AUT? Should it exit? Will it retry the connection? Is there a configuration to have it exit after some timeout?

Reason for asking is that if the tool just hangs there it interferes with the execution of our other hudson jobs.

(I guess a possible workaround would be to configure some husdon plugin to just kill the job if it takes to long.)

Thanks,
Lars
Re: Testexec hangs if unable to connect to AUT [message #999017 is a reply to message #998582] Fri, 11 January 2013 06:44 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

It looks like you're running into this bug. In that case, it turned out that the reason testexec couldn't connect to the AUT was because e.g. autrun was attempted before the AUT Agent was completely started, and therefore the AUT could not be started.

Just to make things easier - if you're only testing one AUT / using one Test Suite (i.e. not a Test Job), then you could use testexec to start an AUT configuration and not use autrun at all. If you are in a multi-AUT setting / are using Test Jobs, then there is information in the ticket on synchronizing the processes (which has to happen manually at the moment).

Hope that helps,
Alex
Previous Topic:Jubula 1.1 extensions in 1.2
Next Topic:Title: Problem in Tree Table (RCP) of a Property View (RCP)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:01:09 GMT 2024