Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Fix Table height on each page
Fix Table height on each page [message #998529] Thu, 10 January 2013 07:10 Go to next message
Pratik Chauhan is currently offline Pratik ChauhanFriend
Hi...
i generate the multipage report, in that i want to fix table height on each page.
i create the masterpage with header size is 4.9 in.and footer size is 2.8 in.
on design page i put one table and i want this table height to fix on each page .
in table one detail row ,detail row data is dynamic.so it is possible to set table height to fix in birt ?

plz give me a reply
Re: Fix Table height on each page [message #998845 is a reply to message #998529] Thu, 10 January 2013 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Can you attach a simple example report that uses the sample database, or another dataSource that I can run, so I can see exactly what you're dealing with? Thanks.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Fix Table height on each page [message #999002 is a reply to message #998845] Fri, 11 January 2013 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks For your Reply....

i am attach you sample rptdesign file and pdf file.on the second page of pdf the table height is not fixed it will change based on the data.my problem is that each page i want to fixed the table height.if data is only one line then also the table is display
fixed height .i also send the my actual output which i want.
Re: Fix Table height on each page [message #999344 is a reply to message #999002] Fri, 11 January 2013 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Take a look at this BIRT Exchange example. It shows a way to extend a table using an HTML text box. Another way you could extend the table is by using extra footer rows, then hide/show them based on how many rows are on the last page. If you have multi-line rows, you can compute the number of lines based off of characters, for a good esitmate.

Michael

Re: Fix Table height on each page [message #999567 is a reply to message #999344] Sat, 12 January 2013 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks For Your Reply.....

i have another problem.
i create the scripted data source on that FETCH event of dataset i create the one PersistentGlobalVariable .and then i want to insert this variable value to dynamically to row on table which is create in design .but i can't access these global variable value. on which element event i write the script for access this global variable for ?
plz help me
Re: Fix Table height on each page [message #1000931 is a reply to message #999567] Tue, 15 January 2013 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Can you attach your design?

Michael

Re: Fix Table height on each page [message #1001336 is a reply to message #1000931] Wed, 16 January 2013 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i attach you Design of my Report.

on which Element Event i Write the code for dynamic row Creation in table the row data is global variable these value is set at Fetch Script of Data Set.

Re: Fix Table height on each page [message #1002473 is a reply to message #1001336] Fri, 18 January 2013 16:45 Go to previous message

I set up a report that I could run, with a simple scripted dataSet and set a PGV in the fetch script and recalled it in the table header label's onRender, with no issue. Can you create a report, that I can run, that has this issue?

Michael

Previous Topic:Muster roll report using Birt
Next Topic:How to eliminate the outline of a meter chart?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:12:12 GMT 2024