Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] CDOTransaction.close([CDO] CDOTransaction.close)
[CDO] CDOTransaction.close [message #998208] Wed, 09 January 2013 15:11 Go to next message
Andrew Whelan is currently offline Andrew WhelanFriend
Calling CDOTransaction.close when I am finished with a transaction is causing me some problems in threaded environment (RCP GUIs and such are involved). I noticed in a forum message that Eike Stepper said

"Please note that CDO, by default, automatically and atomically releases all locks at commit time."

Does this mean that call close() on a CDOTransaction is not necessary?

Also, are there any good examples of the CDOTransactionHandler objects?

Thanks
-Andrew
Re: [CDO] CDOTransaction.close [message #998266 is a reply to message #998208] Wed, 09 January 2013 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Am 09.01.2013 16:11, schrieb Andrew Whelan:
> Calling CDOTransaction.close when I am finished with a transaction is causing me some problems in threaded environment
> (RCP GUIs and such are involved).
Should I know about these problems?

> I noticed in a forum message that Eike Stepper said
>
> "Please note that CDO, by default, automatically and atomically releases all locks at commit time."
>
> Does this mean that call close() on a CDOTransaction is not necessary?
Not necessarily. An open transaction allocates more resources (both in client and server) than just locks.

But you don't need to close a transactions after each and every commit() call, if you're doing multiple commit() calls.
Think of a transaction as a JDBC connection with autoCommit==false: open, modify, commit, modify, commit, modify,
commit, close.

The close() of the session also closes all views/transactions.

> Also, are there any good examples of the CDOTransactionHandler objects?
Hmm, are the shipped implementing classes good enough? Hard to say what purpose you have in mind ;-)

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Re: [CDO] CDOTransaction.close [message #999266 is a reply to message #998266] Fri, 11 January 2013 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hopefully the answer to this is easier than I think.
Following is a code snippet that opens a transaction, gets data, commits. and closes the transaction.
I have an active session object available called session. The following code is run.
(System is a class that extends CDOObject).

transaction =  session.openTransaction();
      List<System> retList = new ArrayList<System>();
      try
      {
          CDOResource resource = transaction.getOrCreateResource(REPO);
          EList<EObject> list = resource.getContents();
          for(EObject obj : list)
          {
              System sys = (System)obj;
              retList.add(sys);
          }

}
      catch(Exception e)
      {
          e.printStackTrace();
      }
      finally{
         if(transaction!=null)
             transaction.close();
      }

I then take one of the System objects and load it into an RCP Editor application. Essentually I am accessing it.

I get the following "Not active: Transaction" exception. I've been running into this alot. I have similar issues ("Not active: Transaction") when saving data. After the commit, I do a tranasaction.close in a finally clause.
Do I have to have the transaction available to use and access the object as I would any other EMF EObject? Or is the code snippet above not blocking? Is there some CDO variable to check to see if it a tranaaction is complete?

One of the times I recieved this was when the object was being accessed to see if it is a containment object. Does any one have any revelations for any of this (please!!!) or advice? Thanks!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not active: Transaction 2 [MAIN]
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.LifecycleUtil.checkActive(LifecycleUtil.java:87)
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.Lifecycle.checkActive(Lifecycle.java:194)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.AbstractCDOView.getStore(AbstractCDOView.java:178)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOObjectImpl.cdoStore(CDOObjectImpl.java:943)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOObjectImpl.eStore(CDOObjectImpl.java:592)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOObjectImpl.dynamicGet(CDOObjectImpl.java:514)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EStructuralFeatureImpl$InternalSettingDelegateSingleEObject.dynamicGet(EStructuralFeatureImpl.java:2324)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1027)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1011)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1003)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.models.reference301.impl.ReferenceImpl.getSystemInformation(ReferenceImpl.java:313)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.cdointerface.utils.ReferenceLabelProvider.getText(ReferenceLabelProvider.java:67)
at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.FilteredList.setElements(FilteredList.java:278)
at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.setListElements(AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.java:178)
at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.ElementListSelectionDialog.createDialogArea(ElementListSelectionDialog.java:64)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.createContents(Dialog.java:760)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:431)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1089)
at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.SelectionStatusDialog.create(SelectionStatusDialog.java:153)
at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.access$superCreate(AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.java:445)
at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.access$2(AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.java:444)
at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.AbstractElementListSelectionDialog$4.run(AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.java:456)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.create(AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.java:454)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:790)
at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.open(AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.java:440)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.cdointerface.handlers.LoadFromDatabaseHandler.execute(LoadFromDatabaseHandler.java:60)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:293)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:499)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)
at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(CommandContributionItem.java:829)
at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.access$19(CommandContributionItem.java:815)
at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem$5.handleEvent(CommandContributionItem.java:805)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4169)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3758)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2701)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2665)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2499)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:679)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:668)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.platform.ui.Application.start(Application.java:20)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)
Re: [CDO] CDOTransaction.close [message #999272 is a reply to message #999266] Fri, 11 January 2013 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Andrew,

Each CDOObject is managed by a CDOView for the entire (local) lifetime. When the view is closed all objects managed by
that view become unusable. The same applies for objects managed by a CDOTransaction, which is a subtype of CDOView. You
must either keep the view/tx open until you no longer need to access the objects or copy the objects with
EcoreUtil.copy() before you close the view/tx.

Cheers
/Eike

----

Am 11.01.2013 18:33, schrieb Andrew Whelan:
> Hopefully the answer to this is easier than I think.
> Following is a code snippet that opens a transaction, gets data, commits. and closes the transaction.
> I have an active session object available called session. The following code is run.
> (System is a class that extends CDOObject).
> transaction = session.openTransaction();
> List<System> retList = new ArrayList<System>();
> try
> {
> CDOResource resource = transaction.getOrCreateResource(REPO);
> EList<EObject> list = resource.getContents();
> for(EObject obj : list)
> {
> System sys = (System)obj;
> retList.add(sys);
> }
> }
> catch(Exception e)
> {
> e.printStackTrace();
> }
> finally{
> if(transaction!=null)
> transaction.close();
> }
>
>
> I then take one of the System objects and load it into an RCP Editor application. Essentually I am accessing it.
> I get the following "Not active: Transaction" exception. I've been running into this alot. I have similar issues ("Not
> active: Transaction") when saving data. After the commit, I do a tranasaction.close in a finally clause.
> Do I have to have the transaction available to use and access the object as I would any other EMF EObject? Or is the
> code snippet above not blocking? Is there some CDO variable to check to see if it a tranaaction is complete?
>
> One of the times I recieved this was when the object was being accessed to see if it is a containment object. Does any
> one have any revelations for any of this (please!!!) or advice? Thanks!
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not active: Transaction 2 [MAIN]
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.LifecycleUtil.checkActive(LifecycleUtil.java:87)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.Lifecycle.checkActive(Lifecycle.java:194)
> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.AbstractCDOView.getStore(AbstractCDOView.java:178)
> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOObjectImpl.cdoStore(CDOObjectImpl.java:943)
> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOObjectImpl.eStore(CDOObjectImpl.java:592)
> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOObjectImpl.dynamicGet(CDOObjectImpl.java:514)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EStructuralFeatureImpl$InternalSettingDelegateSingleEObject.dynamicGet(EStructuralFeatureImpl.java:2324)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1027)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1011)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1003)
> at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.models.reference301.impl.ReferenceImpl.getSystemInformation(ReferenceImpl.java:313)
> at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.cdointerface.utils.ReferenceLabelProvider.getText(ReferenceLabelProvider.java:67)
> at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.FilteredList.setElements(FilteredList.java:278)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.setListElements(AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.java:178)
> at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.ElementListSelectionDialog.createDialogArea(ElementListSelectionDialog.java:64)
> at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.createContents(Dialog.java:760)
> at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:431)
> at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1089)
> at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.SelectionStatusDialog.create(SelectionStatusDialog.java:153)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.access$superCreate(AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.java:445)
> at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.access$2(AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.java:444)
> at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.AbstractElementListSelectionDialog$4.run(AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.java:456)
> at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
> at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.create(AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.java:454)
> at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:790)
> at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.open(AbstractElementListSelectionDialog.java:440)
> at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.cdointerface.handlers.LoadFromDatabaseHandler.execute(LoadFromDatabaseHandler.java:60)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:293)
> at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:499)
> at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)
> at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(CommandContributionItem.java:829)
> at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.access$19(CommandContributionItem.java:815)
> at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem$5.handleEvent(CommandContributionItem.java:805)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4169)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3758)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2701)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2665)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2499)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:679)
> at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:668)
> at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
> at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.platform.ui.Application.start(Application.java:20)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)
>

Re: [CDO] CDOTransaction.close [message #999364 is a reply to message #998208] Fri, 11 January 2013 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, so if I do something like the following
   CDOTransaction transaction = session.openTransaction();
   CDOResource resource = transaction.getOrCreateResource(REPO);

I should not close the transaction. Correct? In this case it may be wise to just make a EcoreUtils.copy of each.

In the case of creating a new object:

SomeObject o = new SomeObject()//extends CDOObject
  CDOTransaction transaction = session.openTransaction();
  CDOResource resource = transaction
             .getOrCreateResource(REPO);

resource.getContents().add(o);
  transaction.commit();

Could I close the o.cdoView() or o.cdoView()? Looking at the javadocs for CDView I'm not really sure how the original CDOTransacion in the code above would be related to the o.cdoView()? Is it?

Thanks
-Andrew
Re: [CDO] CDOTransaction.close [message #999461 is a reply to message #999364] Sat, 12 January 2013 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am 12.01.2013 00:03, schrieb Andrew Whelan:
> Ok, so if I do something like the following
>
> CDOTransaction transaction = session.openTransaction();
> CDOResource resource = transaction.getOrCreateResource(REPO);
This resource is already a CDOObject that requires the transaction to be open.

> I should not close the transaction. Correct?
Yes.

> In this case it may be wise to just make a EcoreUtils.copy of each.
That depends on your use case.

>
> In the case of creating a new object:
>
>
> SomeObject o = new SomeObject()//extends CDOObject
You probably *shouldn't* call the constructor. There's a generated XyzFactory you *should* use to create objects.

> CDOTransaction transaction = session.openTransaction();
> CDOResource resource = transaction
> .getOrCreateResource(REPO);
> resource.getContents().add(o);
> transaction.commit();
>
> Could I close the o.cdoView() or o.cdoView()? Looking at the javadocs for CDView I'm not really sure how the original
> CDOTransacion in the code above would be related to the o.cdoView()? Is it?
As I said, a CDOTransaction *is* a CDOView. In your case o.cdoView() returns that transaction. You may close it when you
no longer need to work with any of the objects that were created/managed by it.

You could roughly compare CDOView/CDOObject with sql.Connection/sql.ResultSet (more exactly a row in a result set).
Would you close the connection when you still need to work with a result set?

Cheers
/Eike

----

Re: [CDO] CDOTransaction.close [message #1000493 is a reply to message #999461] Mon, 14 January 2013 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Then should I be able to do the following?
 CDOResource resource = transaction.getOrCreateResource("/repo1");
 Someobject o = (Someobject)list.get(0);
 o.setName("New name");
 o.cdoView().commit();

Can I just use the CDOView of an object to commit an update???? This is where I am getting thrown. It would seem by what you are saying above that I should be able to do this.

I tried and had some kind of exception(can't remember what the exception was exactly...). If I should be able to do this then I might have been doing something else wrong.
Thanks! -Andrew
Re: [CDO] CDOTransaction.close [message #1000643 is a reply to message #1000493] Tue, 15 January 2013 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am 14.01.2013 23:06, schrieb Andrew Whelan:
> Then should I be able to do the following?
>
> CDOResource resource = transaction.getOrCreateResource("/repo1");
> Someobject o = (Someobject)list.get(0);
> o.setName("New name");
> o.cdoView().commit();
Yes, more exactly: ((CDOTransaction)o.cdoView()).commit();

> Can I just use the CDOView of an object to commit an update????
Yes, if that view is a transaction.

> This is where I am getting thrown. It would seem by what you are saying above that I should be able to do this.
Yes.

> I tried and had some kind of exception(can't remember what the exception was exactly...).
Hard to comment without more details about the exception.

Cheers
/Eike

----

Re: [CDO] CDOTransaction.close [message #1001478 is a reply to message #1000643] Wed, 16 January 2013 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The following is related to CDOTransaction.close so I am including it in this same thread. The line at the bottom of the following exception is where a CDOTransaction.close() occurs. Does this look like there is an associated object that is still being referenced by the application? Is there a recommended way to find out from the CDOTransaction object if there are referenced objects that make closing dangerous?

All CDOObjects are no longer needed at this point.

BTW: The NullPointerException is due to a null InternalCDOViewSet in CDOResourceImpl.basicSetResourceSet.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.eresource.impl.CDOResourceImpl.basicSetResourceSet(CDOResourceImpl.java:1347)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$ResourcesEList.inverseRemove(ResourceSetImpl.java:604)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotifyingListImpl.removeAll(NotifyingListImpl.java:945)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.CDOViewSetImpl.remove(CDOViewSetImpl.java:183)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.session.CDOViewContainerImpl.viewDetached(CDOViewContainerImpl.java:155)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.CDOViewImpl.doDeactivate(CDOViewImpl.java:1128)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.doDeactivate(CDOTransactionImpl.java:2247)
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.Lifecycle.deactivate(Lifecycle.java:129)
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.LifecycleUtil.deactivate(LifecycleUtil.java:221)
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.LifecycleUtil.deactivate(LifecycleUtil.java:211)
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.LifecycleUtil.deactivate(LifecycleUtil.java:237)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.AbstractCDOView.close(AbstractCDOView.java:1332)
at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.editors.Editor.dispose(Editor.java:595)
Re: [CDO] CDOTransaction.close [message #1001648 is a reply to message #1001478] Thu, 17 January 2013 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am 16.01.2013 20:49, schrieb Andrew Whelan:
> The following is related to CDOTransaction.close so I am including it in this same thread. The line at the bottom of
> the following exception is where a CDOTransaction.close() occurs. Does this look like there is an associated object
> that is still being referenced by the application?
No, I doubt it.

> Is there a recommended way to find out from the CDOTransaction object if there are referenced objects that make
> closing dangerous?
Object references can only be browsed with a heap profiler or a Java 6 debugger.

> All CDOObjects are no longer needed at this point.
>
> BTW: The NullPointerException is due to a null InternalCDOViewSet in CDOResourceImpl.basicSetResourceSet.
Is there some way for me to reproduce this exception? Ideally you write a small test case. Examples:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/cdo/cdo.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.emf.cdo.tests/src/org/eclipse/emf/cdo/tests/ResourceTest.java

Are you reusing your ResourceSet for multiple views?

Cheers
/Eike

----

>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.eresource.impl.CDOResourceImpl.basicSetResourceSet(CDOResourceImpl.java:1347)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$ResourcesEList.inverseRemove(ResourceSetImpl.java:604)
> at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotifyingListImpl.removeAll(NotifyingListImpl.java:945)
> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.CDOViewSetImpl.remove(CDOViewSetImpl.java:183)
> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.session.CDOViewContainerImpl.viewDetached(CDOViewContainerImpl.java:155)
> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.CDOViewImpl.doDeactivate(CDOViewImpl.java:1128)
> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.doDeactivate(CDOTransactionImpl.java:2247)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.Lifecycle.deactivate(Lifecycle.java:129)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.LifecycleUtil.deactivate(LifecycleUtil.java:221)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.LifecycleUtil.deactivate(LifecycleUtil.java:211)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.LifecycleUtil.deactivate(LifecycleUtil.java:237)
> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.AbstractCDOView.close(AbstractCDOView.java:1332)
> at com.src.ewir.nighthawk.analysis.ui.editor2.editors.Editor.dispose(Editor.java:595)
>

Re: [CDO] CDOTransaction.close [message #1006425 is a reply to message #998208] Thu, 31 January 2013 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tommaso De Sica is currently offline Tommaso De SicaFriend

Hi Andrew,
then have you solved the problem?

I'm in same situation with a CDOView. When I try to close it, basicSetResourceSet for a CDO resource returns NullPointerException.
In fact, viewSet is null because getViewSet has notifier=org.eclipse.emf.edit.domain.AdapterFactoryEditingDomain$AdapterFactoryEditingDomainResourceSet@d37bd8 resources=[CDOResource@OID2]
and the method returns null.
Re: [CDO] CDOTransaction.close [message #1006485 is a reply to message #998208] Thu, 31 January 2013 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Solution founded.

Before do close of view, I've added an adapter in resource set (adapter is a CDOView).
So getView works fine Smile
Re: [CDO] CDOTransaction.close [message #1006486 is a reply to message #998208] Thu, 31 January 2013 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Solution founded.

Before do close of view, I've added an adapter in resource set (adapter is a CDOView).
So getView works fine Smile
Re: [CDO] CDOTransaction.close [message #1006528 is a reply to message #1006486] Thu, 31 January 2013 15:20 Go to previous message
Actually, no I hadn't really solved this. Thanks for the info.
Previous Topic:JMerge error when merging annotations on EnumLiteral
Next Topic:Utility to copy CDOObject data only
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:11:56 GMT 2024