Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Control didn't display in component type of new Test Step(Jubula Extension)
Control didn't display in component type of new Test Step [message #998013] Wed, 09 January 2013 07:35 Go to next message
fadzly yyy is currently offline fadzly yyyFriend
Hi,

i'm quite new to jubula.
currently i'm trying to do the jubula extension based on the tutorial given in h ttp://www.subshell.com/en/subshell/blog/Extending-Jubula-For-Custom-SWT-Controls-In-RCP-Applications100.html

i think i did the same way that the web did (just minor changes on the project name).
now the problem is when i re-start the jubula to use the new component type defined, it is not there.
means when i create new test step, control is not in the component type list.

so i check in the Help->about->Installation Details->Plug-ins ..... the plugin is not there
but when i check in the Help->about->Installation Details->Configuration-> ***Plugin Registry ...... jubula.extension.client (1.0.0.201301091438) "Client" [Installed]...

when i tried the sample from the web the status is [Active]....
and able to see the control from the component type list

Do you know what is the problem?

Thanks in advance... ^^
Re: Control didn't display in component type of new Test Step [message #998185 is a reply to message #998013] Wed, 09 January 2013 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Kolesov is currently offline Alexander KolesovFriend
Hi,
I'd better point directly to use plugin in "$JUBULA_INSTALLATION_DIR\jubula\configuration\config.ini":
osgi.bundles=reference\:file\:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.0.200.v20110815-1438.jar@1\:start,com.subshell.jubula.extension.client

And after that if is still fails - check jubula logs for more info.
It works for me with both - selfmade plugin and the one downloaded from Subshell blog.

Thanks,
Alex
Re: Control didn't display in component type of new Test Step [message #998929 is a reply to message #998185] Fri, 11 January 2013 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Still got some error... i got this from the plugin error log

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core 4 0 2013-01-09 14:53:48.907
!MESSAGE Provisioning exception
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException: No repository found at file:/C:/Work/.......
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.fail(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:393)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:675)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:96)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:92)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.LoadMetadataRepositoryJob.doLoad(LoadMetadataRepositoryJob.java:117)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.LoadMetadataRepositoryJob.runModal(LoadMetadataRepositoryJob.java:102)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.ui.sdk.PreloadingRepositoryHandler$2.runModal(PreloadingRepositoryHandler.java:82)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.ProvisioningJob.run(ProvisioningJob.java:177)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository 4 1000 2013-01-09 14:53:48.908
Re: Control didn't display in component type of new Test Step [message #998957 is a reply to message #998929] Fri, 11 January 2013 03:12 Go to previous message
Hi Alex,

Just quick update....
I added
reference\:file\:....jar@1\:start
to the config.ini
and i change my java 7 to java 6.
Now it's saying my plugin is active....

Thanks ^^
Previous Topic:Eclipse RCP e4
Next Topic:Jubula 1.1 extensions in 1.2
Goto Forum: