Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [EUnit] "No matching comparator has been found" error
[EUnit] "No matching comparator has been found" error [message #997936] Wed, 09 January 2013 02:42 Go to next message
Bernhard Hoisl is currently offline Bernhard HoislFriend
Hi,

I have a problem when trying to test the output model of an ETL transformation against an expected model.

The models I want to compare look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ASCII"?>
<dom:Program xmi:version="2.0" xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:dom="http://dom/1.0" line="1" column="1">
<statements xsi:type="dom:ExpressionStatement" container="/" line="1" column="1">
<expression xsi:type="dom:MethodCallExpression" container="//@statements.0" line="1" column="1" method="eventSystem">

The "dom" namespace refers to an Ecore model which is registered. Everytime I want to test the models with "assertEqualModels("exp", "out");" I get an error:

BUILD FAILED
eunit-build.xml:4: At least one test case had a failure or an error: Internal error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No matching comparator has been found for org.eclipse.epsilon.emc.emf.EmfModel@1b652cb4 and org.eclipse.epsilon.emc.emf.EmfModel@f59eb79

I don't get it why no comparator is found? The models are just instance models of an Ecore-based metamodel. Maybe someone has an idea or there are common mistakes which I might have done?

Thanks!

-Bernhard
Re: [EUnit] "No matching comparator has been found" error [message #998060 is a reply to message #997936] Wed, 09 January 2013 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Bernhard,

Glad you're using EUnit Smile.

Model comparisons in EUnit are done through pluggable comparators. The EMF model comparator is in the "Epsilon Development Tools for EMF" feature within the "Epsilon EMF Integration" category of our stable update site. Did you install that?

We had to split off the EMF model comparator from the core development tools (which include EUnit) since some users were using Epsilon without using EMF. It's more flexible, at the cost of some convenience.

Kind regards,
Antonio
Re: [EUnit] "No matching comparator has been found" error [message #998152 is a reply to message #998060] Wed, 09 January 2013 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

thanks for the quick answer. Indeed, I did not install the needed comparator feature. Now it works for me. Maybe you should put this info somewhere in the install docs or on the Epsilon website? I couldn't find any hints there ...

Thank you very much!

-Bernhard
Re: [EUnit] "No matching comparator has been found" error [message #998275 is a reply to message #998152] Wed, 09 January 2013 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Bernhard,

I'm glad it helped Smile. I'll add a note on the website. I was thinking of the EUnit article and the EUnit screencasts as well.

Anything else I might have missed? Did you find out about EUnit through the website, or the book?

You're welcome!
Antonio
Re: [EUnit] "No matching comparator has been found" error [message #998461 is a reply to message #998275] Thu, 10 January 2013 02:59 Go to previous message
Hi Antonio,

I think the locations are fine. I did read about EUnit in the Epsilon Book, as we use Epsilon for our research prototypes.

-Bernhard
Previous Topic:ModelLink documentation
Next Topic:How to obtain an Excel chart from a model?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:49:51 GMT 2024