Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo automatically stops
Virgo automatically stops [message #997786] Tue, 08 January 2013 18:42 Go to next message
Miguel Salinas Gancedo is currently offline Miguel Salinas GancedoFriend
I installed Eclipse Virgo 3.0.2 on AWS instance on ubuntu 11.02.

When I start-up my Eclipse-Virgo with my bundles, some time after, it's variable, The Eclipse Virgo automatically stops.

This is the logs created:

[2013-01-08 17:57:34.345] INFO System Bundle Shutdown o.e.v.kernel.dmfragment.internal.ApplicationContextShutdownBean Setting timeout to 0 for proxy 'org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.OsgiServiceProxyFactoryBean@1c911ed' of application context 'OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=org.springframework.osgi.extender, config=bundleentry://110.fwk20324370/META-INF/spring/extender/kernel-dmfragment-context.xml): startup date [Tue Jan 08 15:44:41 UTC 2013]; root of context hierarchy'
[2013-01-08 17:57:34.347] INFO System Bundle Shutdown o.e.v.kernel.dmfragment.internal.ApplicationContextShutdownBean Setting timeout to 0 for proxy 'org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.OsgiServiceProxyFactoryBean@1b8015f' of application context 'OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.dm, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml): startup date [Tue Jan 08 15:44:41 UTC 2013]; root of context hierarchy'
[2013-01-08 17:57:34.347] INFO System Bundle Shutdown o.e.v.kernel.dmfragment.internal.ApplicationContextShutdownBean Setting timeout to 0 for proxy 'org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.OsgiServiceProxyFactoryBean@16227bb' of application context 'OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=org.eclipse.gemini.web.tomcat, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml): startup date [Tue Jan 08 15:44:43 UTC 2013]; root of context hierarchy'
[2013-01-08 17:57:34.347] INFO System Bundle Shutdown o.e.v.kernel.dmfragment.internal.ApplicationContextShutdownBean Setting timeout to 0 for proxy 'org.springframework.o

and many more. All the logs are INFO any ERROR.

Any could help me to know what's happend?, Is posible that AWS shutdown my Virgo process because any excese comsume? or the problem is relation with VM?

Best regards
  • Attachment: log.log
    (Size: 1.14MB, Downloaded 266 times)
Re: Virgo automatically stops [message #997827 is a reply to message #997786] Tue, 08 January 2013 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

Hi Miguel,

How do you start Virgo?

Do you use shell and Virgo's scripts or you have dedicated service/daemon to keep Virgo running all the time?

Regards,
Hristo Iliev
Re: Virgo automatically stops [message #997831 is a reply to message #997827] Tue, 08 January 2013 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Hristo,

I used shell and Virgo's scripts but adding the JAVA_OPTS to the VM:

# set VM menory for konekti
JAVA_OPTS="-XX:PermSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Xmx1024M -Xms512m"
export JAVA_OPTS

To use more memory to VM. I must used this configuration because the virgo don't start.

In the same instance I have Liferay Portal and I noticed that eat many memory of the instance, so I restart the portal and the virgo instance too.

I leave both web apps running all this night and check this tomorrow if the virgo manteins aleave.

Best Regards.
Re: Virgo automatically stops [message #999096 is a reply to message #997831] Fri, 11 January 2013 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

Did you see any increase in the memory after running over night. For what it is worth, I run the Virgo build and integration tests with '-Xms256M -Xmx2048M -XX:PermSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=1024M' or something similar.

Chris

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: Virgo automatically stops [message #999103 is a reply to message #999096] Fri, 11 January 2013 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I think that the memory is not he problem, because with develop with this configuration in my mac and ubuntu local OS and also we have a production virgo instance in other AWS VM with this memory configuration, and we don't have any problem, but with this AWS instance yes we have problems. The only unique difference is that the AWS instance with the problem is Ubuntu 10.04 and the other one is 12.04, we have the same JDK the Oracle JDK, the same amount memory, CPU and Hard Disk, but I take this account your porpouse. Thanks.

I hope that the problem would be that I start the Virgo process from ssh shell and don't use any daemon to start the virgo process. Today, I just create a daemon script in my AWS instance and start virgo like a daemon process, I'll wait all the day to obtain any result, i hope this resolve the ghost problem Smile. Normally the virgo process only is up during two hours and a half, always the same amount of time more and less, so is like a timeout inside OS that stop my virgo process. I hope that a virgo process daemon resolve this problem, if not I don't have any idea about what happend with my virgo process in AWS ;(

Waiting for any result ....

Best regards.
Re: Virgo automatically stops [message #999107 is a reply to message #999103] Fri, 11 January 2013 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

OK, please let us know what you find, thank you.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: Virgo automatically stops [message #1000243 is a reply to message #999107] Mon, 14 January 2013 10:42 Go to previous message
Hi Chris,

The problem was resolved using a daemon to start Virgo instance an not use the ssh shell.

My little script is:;

description "Konekti-Workshotrack on Virgo 3.0.2"
author "Miguel Salinas Gancedo"

start on (net-device-up
and local-filesystems
and runlevel [2345])
stop on runlevel [016]

console output
kill timeout 120
respawn

env JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun
env LANG=en_US.UTF-8

exec start-stop-daemon --signal INT --start --chuid ubuntu --exec /opt/virgo-tomcat-server-3.0.2_WORKSHOPTRACK-0.0.1.SNAPSHOT/bin/konekti.startup.sh

Best Regards
Previous Topic:"bundleContext property is required"?
Next Topic:ActiveMQ Integration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:55:22 GMT 2024