Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Can I get set<MyEntity> instead of Indirect Set in one to many relationship(Issue with retrieving children in one to many relation. Getting Indirect Set instead of set<myEntity>)
Can I get set<MyEntity> instead of Indirect Set in one to many relationship [message #997588] Tue, 08 January 2013 13:47 Go to next message
vamsi raghava is currently offline vamsi raghavaFriend
Hi,

I have self reference one-to-many relationship(children) in a Entity Domain. The getter method (getChildren()) returns Set<Domain>.

The children are loaded lazily.
When I call getChildren() what I am getting is actually IndirectSet.
The actual children can be accessed using "delegate".

I have a scenarion where I need to be able to access the children recursively using getChildren() not getDeligate()

Is that possible?

We are using eclipselink version 2.4.0
Re: Can I get set<MyEntity> instead of Indirect Set in one to many relationship [message #997692 is a reply to message #997588] Tue, 08 January 2013 15:03 Go to previous message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

IndirectSet is a Set, so I don't see your issue? What kind of Set do you want, the point of the Set interface is that the implementation does not matter.

If you make the relationship EAGER it will use HashSet by default instead.

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Previous Topic:Odd Exception when retrieving a datarow
Next Topic:Can I use ClipseLink to work with Object-Relational datatypes(TYPSES, VARRAY, NESTED TABLES..)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:08:23 GMT 2024