Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Cross GCC(Where to get?)
Cross GCC [message #997570] Tue, 08 January 2013 12:14 Go to next message
Jayanth D is currently offline Jayanth DFriend
Hello!

I downloaded and installed Eclipse C/C++ IDE. I tried to create a C/C++ project. It asks me to select a Cross GCC Compiler. I haven't installed a Compiler. I want to know where I can get Cross GCC Compiler and is it free?

Thanks
Jayanth D
  • Attachment: compiler.jpg
    (Size: 73.88KB, Downloaded 2504 times)
Re: Cross GCC [message #999417 is a reply to message #997570] Sat, 12 January 2013 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ken Jackson is currently offline Ken JacksonFriend
You didn't say what operating system your development computer (the "host") is running or what processor you want to generate code for (the "target").

If your host is running Fedora Linux and you want to compile for the ARM, AVR and Blackfin processors, you can install cross compilers with these commands and similarly for other processors. (Other Linux distros use different installation commands.)
sudo yum install gcc-arm-linux-gnu
sudo yum install gcc-avr32-linux-gnu
sudo yum install gcc-bfin-linux-gun

If your host is running Windows, gnutoolchains.com seems to have some cross compilers for download, though I've never tried those. ronetix.at/software.html and www.modularcircuits.com/blog/projects/development-tools/gcc-for-arm-avr-and-blackfin also seem to have some.

(Sorry I can't make clickable links. That's the forum's weakness.)
Re: Cross GCC [message #1000345 is a reply to message #999417] Mon, 14 January 2013 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jayanth D is currently offline Jayanth DFriend
Thanks for replying Ken. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit OS. I have installed MinGW and Eclipse C/C++ IDE. My C code compiles and runs without problem but my C++ code doesn't show the o/p. I tried a simple C++ Hellow World Project which compiled succesfully but I was not able to see any Hello World message in console of Eclipse IDE. I tried several C++ programs it only compiles but running doesn't show any o/p.
Re: Cross GCC [message #1005616 is a reply to message #997570] Sun, 27 January 2013 14:39 Go to previous message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Hi,

C++ programs, compiled with MinGW, need Libs to run:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/391795/931956/#msg_931956

regards,
Klaus

Previous Topic:"program "g++" not found in PATH" and "program "gcc" not found in
Next Topic:custom toolchain GCC linker inheritance issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:47:59 GMT 2024