Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » New Import-Package not resolved on hot-deploy
New Import-Package not resolved on hot-deploy [message #997430] Mon, 07 January 2013 13:37 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
I'm running a Virgo 3.5 server, and I've found that when I:

- deploy a bundle
- modify the manifest of the bundle to include a new Import-Package or Import-Bundle directive, the provider of which was already in the user repository
- hot-redeploy the bundle

then it fails to resolve that import.

As an example, I have a web application deployed which uses spring security without issue. I'm working on a second web application, and it's working (without security). If I make changes to the code, rebuild the .war file, and copy it over the existing one in the pickup folder, then all works as expected; that bundle is successfully redeployed with the new code.

I then go to add security, adding the appropriate imports to the manifest, and when I copy the .war, it fails to start with the error

"The bundle "(my new bundle)" could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package: org.springframework.security.web; version="0.0.0". This is of course available, as the existing web project successfully resolves the same imports, and it works if I completely restart Virgo.

To be clear, this has nothing to do with Spring Security; that's just an example, the same effect is seen with any new import.

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

[Updated on: Mon, 07 January 2013 13:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Import-Package not resolved on hot-deploy [message #997462 is a reply to message #997430] Mon, 07 January 2013 16:08 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
This is a known limitation since the portion of the deployer pipeline that we use in the refresh case does not re-run the pipeline stages which "fault in" missing dependencies from the repository. There is a potential enhancement here if you would care to raise an enhancement bugzilla.

A workaround is to delete the WAR from pickup and, after it has had a chance to be undeployed, copy the WAR to pickup again.
Previous Topic:no security manager: RMI class loader disabled
Next Topic:SynchronousBundleListener
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:49:32 GMT 2024