Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Questions about Nattable capabilities
Questions about Nattable capabilities [message #997422] Mon, 07 January 2013 12:49 Go to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hi all,
I'm investigating NatTable to use it in the Papyrus project and after looking at your jnlp example, I have several question about the capabilities of NatTable :

1. Is it possible to write vertically in the header (line or column header) ?
  2. Is it possible to write vertically in the header (line or column header) ?
  3. Is it possible to have several level of line headers (like it is show for columns in the jnlp example called "Columns And Row Grouping/Two level column group") ?
  4. Is it possible to configure the style (color, line style , width of the line, ...) of each border of the cells?
  5. Is it possible to display a full TreeViewer in a Cell ?
  6. Is it possible to display an image in a Cell?
  7. Is It possible to edit the headers with 'inline' editor like for the cells ?
  8. Is it possible to do several freeze in the table using the FreezableGrid ?
  9. Is it possible to display a full TreeViewer in a cell ?
  10. Is it possible to display images in a cell ?

Thank you.

Re: Questions about Nattable capabilities [message #997457 is a reply to message #997422] Mon, 07 January 2013 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Quote:
Is it possible to write vertically in the header (line or column header) ?

Yes you can render text vertically by using the VerticalTextPainter.

Quote:
Is it possible to have several level of line headers?

Yes you can also define a row group header. It is also possible to define your own row header that is composed differently than the default.

Quote:
Is it possible to configure the style (color, line style , width of the line, ...) of each border of the cells?

Yes, you would need to configure different LineBorderDecorators or CustomLineBorderDecorators for different labels.

Quote:
Is it possible to display a full TreeViewer in a Cell ?

Currently not that easy. This would mean to have a cell painter for another control. We are currently working on that, so this should soon be possible.

Quote:
Is it possible to display an image in a Cell?

Yes, have a look at the ImagePainter.

Quote:
Is It possible to edit the headers with 'inline' editor like for the cells ?

Yes, you need to adjust some default configurations, then it should work.

Quote:
Is it possible to do several freeze in the table using the FreezableGrid ?

No, AFAIK this is not possible. It would mean you need to have several scroll areas. Maybe your requirement can also be solved by creating hierarchical NatTables, which is something we talked about internally before and will be implemented in the near future.

As some of your questions were posted several times, I hope I answered all of your questions.

Greez,
Dirk
Re: Questions about Nattable capabilities [message #997542 is a reply to message #997457] Tue, 08 January 2013 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dirk,
Thank you for your answers. Sorry for the duplicated questions, yesterday, I had problems with the message preview...

Best regards,
--
Vincent Lorenzo

Re: Questions about Nattable capabilities [message #998664 is a reply to message #997542] Thu, 10 January 2013 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No problem, let me know if NatTable fits your needs or if there is a key feature missing. Maybe it is possible to add it easily. Smile
Re: Questions about Nattable capabilities [message #998685 is a reply to message #998664] Thu, 10 January 2013 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, I keep you informed if we have problems.

Could you tell me if Nebula NatTable follows the Eclipse release train? The project doesn't appear here http://www.eclipse.org/projects/releases/releases.php?release=kepler. (Papyrus also is not yet referenced, but it should be done in few time...)

Thank you,
--
Vincent Lorenzo
Re: Questions about Nattable capabilities [message #998694 is a reply to message #998685] Thu, 10 January 2013 14:18 Go to previous message
No we are not connected to the Eclipse release train.
Previous Topic:Editing columns within row header
Next Topic:Is it possible to set the Cell value, independantly of the DataProvider?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:08:12 GMT 2024