Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Add the ProjectExplorer to an Eclipse e4 RCP Application
Add the ProjectExplorer to an Eclipse e4 RCP Application [message #997337] Sun, 06 January 2013 12:07 Go to next message
Michael Kornmann is currently offline Michael KornmannFriend
Is it possible to add the ProjectExplorer to an Eclipse e4 RCP application ? And if yes how can i do that ? Is this possible if i launch my RCP Application as an E4Application ?

[Updated on: Sun, 06 January 2013 12:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Add the ProjectExplorer to an Eclipse e4 RCP Application [message #997376 is a reply to message #997337] Mon, 07 January 2013 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sumit Singh is currently offline Sumit SinghFriend

Yes it is possible, take a look of following links:

1. tutorial-eclipse-rcp-e4-with-3-x-views-like-project-explorer-properties-etc
2. Eclipse4CompatibilityLayer

[Updated on: Mon, 07 January 2013 09:09]

Re: Add the ProjectExplorer to an Eclipse e4 RCP Application [message #997530 is a reply to message #997337] Tue, 08 January 2013 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Sumit!

I followed the instructions from the first link exactly but the UI as defined in the Application.e4xmi does not appear, only an empty window. So i started the live editor but it opened the Legacye.e4xmi instead of my Application.e4xmi. My applicationXMI property points to the right file. Do you know what's wrong here ?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Add the ProjectExplorer to an Eclipse e4 RCP Application [message #997541 is a reply to message #997530] Tue, 08 January 2013 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

but it opened the Legacye.e4xmi instead of my Application.e4xmi --> that part i'm unable to understand because for your RCP there should only one "Application.e4xmi" you can rename it to "Legacye.e4xmi" that you have to map in your plugin.xml .

Can you check in your RCP extension point is only single "org.eclipse.core.runtime.products" extension is there or multiple is more then one is present then can you delete other then right one.
Re: Add the ProjectExplorer to an Eclipse e4 RCP Application [message #997707 is a reply to message #997337] Tue, 08 January 2013 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Such an extension exists just once in my plugin.xml. It seems like my Eclipse Installation and/or the workspace is broken because it worked without any problem on another PC an it worked once in a new workspace on my pc with the same eclipse installation. Probably it#s the best to reinstall eclipse and try it in a new workspace right ?
Re: Add the ProjectExplorer to an Eclipse e4 RCP Application [message #997975 is a reply to message #997707] Wed, 09 January 2013 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok.
Take a try . Smile
Re: Add the ProjectExplorer to an Eclipse e4 RCP Application [message #998009 is a reply to message #997337] Wed, 09 January 2013 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finally i could narrow down where the error lies and fix it Smile . It wasn't located in my Eclipse installation but it was located in the runtime-workspace or in the workspace where the project was created. I did built a new workspace in a new folder, imported the project and voila everything worked like it should. Probably the error occured because the runtime-workspace was corrupted, simply moving the project in a new workspace in the same directory didn't help. On the other hand i couldn't fix the error by deleting the runtime-workspace manually ...
Re: Add the ProjectExplorer to an Eclipse e4 RCP Application [message #998492 is a reply to message #998009] Thu, 10 January 2013 05:19 Go to previous message

in your run configuration did you set the Clear flag on the Main tab in your Run configuration or add the -clearPersistedState parameter for your product configuration file or Run configuration...?
Like in following image

http://www.vogella.com/articles/EclipseRCP/images/lauchconfiguration20.png

[Updated on: Thu, 10 January 2013 05:23]

Previous Topic:re-factoring rcp application structure
Next Topic:Customize RCP Help Menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:48:34 GMT 2024