Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Databinding, IListener, and Data Retention post application close
Databinding, IListener, and Data Retention post application close [message #997276] Fri, 04 January 2013 21:46
Jason Robinson is currently offline Jason RobinsonFriend
Thanks for reading. I've been stuck on this for quite some time. I'm relatively new and seem to be plateauing in the next step(s) of my application.

The application attempts to model itself after the Eclipse Task List (Right Click - Opens a new Task (as an editor) with a user input SWT text widget to enter a new task.

When the user enters text I have marked the editor as dirty and have implemented the dirtyStateChanged() method. This in turn provides a prompt when I attempt to close the editor without saving! So far so good.

1. The first problem I am having is how to update the task tree that I originally clicked on to build a new task. I've read a number of articles from Vogella's databinding tutorial to many file:///Users/Jason/Library/Safari/ReadingListArchives/59339612-C88E-42E0-85FB-AF9EC8F0B967/Page.webarchive to IListeners etc. One item I learned is that SWT Tree Widget is not supported in data binding(at least I think). What is the best approach here!?!

2. The second problem I'm having is that I have no concept of where to save that data to retain it after the application is closed. Text file? What is standard practice.

Thanks for any advice, links etc!

- Jason
Previous Topic:How to get value from RCP forms
Next Topic:Things that a rcp develper must know
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:19:41 GMT 2024