Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Rap exaple does not work
Rap exaple does not work [message #997173] Fri, 04 January 2013 09:15 Go to next message
Phill Perryman is currently offline Phill PerrymanFriend
I have an rcp I want to port to RAP. So I decided to start with a clean Juno + check for updates installation. I installed the target platform and from preferences I have RAP 2.0.0 active.

I created the RAP hello worl plugin project. First thing I did was run the plugin validation for the launch config, that fails and you have to add the required bundles. Not the best of starts.

Then I run the app and get a 404 error based on a path must not be null.

I tried googling but have not found an answer to this. I would really like to use RAP but my initial experience is not encouraging.

Can anyone point me to a simple step by step giude to getting any simple RAP application to work in a standard Juno installation.
Re: Rap exaple does not work in Juno [message #997206 is a reply to message #997173] Fri, 04 January 2013 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just downloaded kepler M4 and the hello app works out the box. Will see if porting the manifest extensions and launch back to Juno will make it work there.
Re: Rap exaple does not work in Juno [message #997630 is a reply to message #997206] Mon, 07 January 2013 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Sternberg is currently offline Ralf SternbergFriend

Hi Phill,

I'm sorry for the rough start. There are some changes in RAP 2.0 that
require RAP Tools 2.0 (Kepler). And for a new project, you should really
start with 2.0. So please either use the latest Kepler milestone or
install the latest RAP Tools from our download page into a Juno IDE.

Regards,
Ralf

--
Ralf Sternberg

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: Rap exaple does not work in Juno [message #997696 is a reply to message #997630] Tue, 08 January 2013 15:10 Go to previous message
Thanks, the project won't go live till after July so i will go with kepler as it will be released by the time I need it.
Previous Topic:ClientScripting VerifyListener determine keystroke
Next Topic:RAP field focus lost when moving window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:27:59 GMT 2024