Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Customize XML Editor(Customize XML Editor)
Customize XML Editor [message #997089] Thu, 03 January 2013 15:34 Go to next message
Philippe Favrais is currently offline Philippe FavraisFriend
Hello,
I am interested in customizing the WTP XML Editor, especially the Treetable. Could you tell me if it can be easily extended. Here are some of the things, i would like to modify:
1) base on a preference, not display the attributes in the treetable, but display them only in the property view.
2) Modify the popup menu so that i do not display all possibilities like Edit Namespace, Add DTD info, ...
3) Customize the propertie view to have a better look and feel
4) implement a control allowinf to set the key/keyref defined in the XSD
5) extend the validation

Thank you
Philippe
Re: Customize XML Editor [message #997279 is a reply to message #997089] Fri, 04 January 2013 21:52 Go to previous message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
It sounds like you are trying to build a custom editor for a specific XML file type. Rather than approaching this by trying to customize the XML editor's generic tree view (not a usecase it was designed for), take a look at Sapphire, which make it easy to build sophisticated form editors on top of WTP's XML editor.

http://www.eclipse.org/sapphire/
http://www.eclipse.org/sapphire/documentation/latest/introduction/index.html

- Konstantin
Previous Topic:Unable to Consume Web-service in Eclipse
Next Topic:Exception: The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:04:29 GMT 2024