Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Can't create new BPMN2 model - project does not exist? Select parent folder?
Can't create new BPMN2 model - project does not exist? Select parent folder? [message #996780] Wed, 02 January 2013 22:11 Go to next message
Edward Henigin is currently offline Edward HeniginFriend
I'm at the very beginning... I've just updated Java to 1.7.10, installed Eclipse for the first time 3.7, and updated BPMN2 to 0.2.0. Then I tried following the screencast given here

http://eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/videos/BPMN2Modeler-SimpleProcess.htm

and immediately trip up. When I select a BPMN2 Model wizard and hit Next, the next dialog asks to create a new BPMN2 model, it wants a parent folder. But I don't seem to be able to enter anything at all to let me proceed. I have no idea what to do to get past this screen? Screenshot below. I can't figure out what to do to get the 'Next >' or 'Finish' buttons to become active.

Thanks,

Ed

Edit: this forum software won't let me link to an external screenshot since I have less than 5 messages. Ok great. Well here's the link to the screenshot, you'll need to manually delete the space between 'googleusercontent.' and 'com' to make it work.

lh4.googleusercontent. com/-2uuiHFhdWpY/UOStZ9eIlBI/AAAAAAACUzg/z-aNN5ircl8/s912/BPMN2%2520create%2520problem.PNG
Re: Can't create new BPMN2 model - project does not exist? Select parent folder? [message #997059 is a reply to message #996780] Thu, 03 January 2013 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Edward, welcome to the wonderful world of eclipse and BPMN2 Smile

The reason you are not able to create a new BPMN2 process file is because you have not yet created a project. If you are using (or planning on using) the jBPM5 runtime, you should probably install JBoss Tools (JBT) or JBoss Developer Studio (JBDS) - one is the subscription edition, the other is the community supported version. Then create a new project using the "jBPM project" wizard. Now you should be able to create the BPMN2 process in the src/main/resources package.

If you're not familiar with JBT/JBDS, it's probably a good idea to look through the documentation first, here: http://www.jboss.org/drools/documentation

Let me know if you get stuck again Wink

Cheers,
Bob
Re: Can't create new BPMN2 model - project does not exist? Select parent folder? [message #1741930 is a reply to message #996780] Tue, 30 August 2016 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Moritz Schlee is currently offline Moritz SchleeFriend
Hello,

I am also new to BPMN2 Modeler and I encountered the same problem with a fresh Eclipse Mars version.

My situation is different, because I am not able to finish the wizard for any BPMN project (BPMN Model, Generic Process or jBPM).

Looking forward to your suggestions Smile

Cheers,
Moe
Re: Can't create new BPMN2 model - project does not exist? Select parent folder? [message #1742222 is a reply to message #1741930] Wed, 31 August 2016 19:07 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Are there any Error Log entries, or popup error dialogs?
Previous Topic:Add pattern with Subprocess
Next Topic:Change default drag/drop of task to abstract from script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:18:42 GMT 2024