Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Tomcat(Facing problem after deployment)
Tomcat [message #996664] Wed, 02 January 2013 16:37 Go to next message
Omkar Mujumdar is currently offline Omkar MujumdarFriend
Hi,

Thank you for the wonderful tutorial of Eclipse Scout. I am facing a problem after deployment of war files in Tomcat Server. I have followed all the steps as specified in the tutorials and extracted both, rap and server war files. Later I deployed them in Tomcat server. When I tried to access the client webpage i.e. rap, I am not getting the outline tree on the webpage. I have attached a screenshot with this post, the one with yellow highlighted towards left of the screen is where i am not getting the outline tree. Can you please give me some pointers for this problem.

Thank You in advance.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 January 2013 06:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tomcat [message #996683 is a reply to message #996664] Wed, 02 January 2013 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
A yellow placeholder component is a fallback when no renderer is found for the requested field.
An example: the PlannerField has only a Swing renderer... You get a yellow rectangle instead of a such field in a SWT application.

Your case is very strange, because I do not see why the OutlineTreeField cannot be rendered with RAP. (We have applications with pages and outlines rendered with RAP).

Can you indicate?
- The Scout version you are using.
- If your code is working when you launch the Application from Eclipse (Dev version Using Jetty).
- If your application is working with the SWT UI (If you have a SWT Plugin).

Thanks a lot.
Re: Tomcat [message #996901 is a reply to message #996683] Thu, 03 January 2013 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jeremie,

Thank you for replying. In dev version using Jetty I am able to get outline tree in the rap version itself, even with the SWT environment it works. The Scout version which I am using is 3.8.1.201209171521. I am also attaching the screenshot with this post taken when the SWT and RAP were started in Dev environment and also Screenshot using the Tomcat server. My tomcat version is 7.0.21.

Thanks for your help

[Updated on: Thu, 03 January 2013 06:32]

Re: Tomcat [message #997016 is a reply to message #996901] Thu, 03 January 2013 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I am not able to reproduce this:

* Scout: 3.8.1.201209171521
* Tomcat: apache-tomcat-7.0.23
* java version "1.6.0_25"
* Windows 7 Enterprise (Version 6.1 Build 7600)

index.php/fa/12872/0/

Have you try an other application (built from an other workspace)? an other Java version?
  • Attachment: tomcat.png
    (Size: 26.22KB, Downloaded 543 times)
Re: Tomcat [message #997078 is a reply to message #997016] Thu, 03 January 2013 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Recently I have discovered one more problem. Previously I was using Eclipse Scout v3.8.0, then later updated my eclipse to v3.8.1. Now when I export my Scout project, the war file contains all v3.8.0 jar's where they were supposed to be v3.8.1 jar files. Is there any way to fix this issue.

Thank you.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 January 2013 14:56]

Re: Tomcat [message #997158 is a reply to message #997078] Fri, 04 January 2013 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is stange...

Your project is built from a product file:
* Server: /<<your_app>>.server/products/production/<<your_app>>-server.product
* SWT Client: /<<your_app>>.ui.swt/products/production/<<your_app>>-swt-client.product
* RAP Client: /<<your_app>>.ui.rap/products/production/<<your_app>>-rap.product

Check that you do not have any version constraint in this files.

You could also check the target platform...
Preferences > Plug-in Development > Target Platform

I am not sure if the SDK create a such target platform file when a new project is created. I think it depends what you have choosen in the new project wizard.

Check also there that you have the version you want.
Re: Tomcat [message #999112 is a reply to message #997158] Fri, 11 January 2013 11:13 Go to previous message
Hi,

Problem which I was facing is solved now. What I did was, I uninstalled updated scout, and downloaded new one. Then after installing new scout with v3.8.1 from scratch and working on it, the exported war now works perfectly fine in tomcat.

Thank You.
Previous Topic:SVG field external link
Next Topic:Export war file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:28:35 GMT 2024