Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » [NatTable] fill columnwise?(display an excelsheet of unknown size)
[NatTable] fill columnwise? [message #996638] Wed, 02 January 2013 15:20 Go to next message
Aljoscha Steffens is currently offline Aljoscha SteffensFriend
Hi,
I need to display an Excel sheet in my application. The problem is, I don't know the number of columns in advance so the jface tableViewer is not working (or does someone know a way how?).
I found NatTable a couple of days ago, but since new years eve was inbetween, I don't remember everything Wink But I think I read that NatLab can also just be filled rowwise?
I couldn't find a suitable example so before I do a lot of tinkering, I thought it would be better to ask here.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 January 2013 15:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [NatTable] fill columnwise? [message #996642 is a reply to message #996638] Wed, 02 January 2013 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edwin Park is currently offline Edwin ParkFriend
Yes it can. The underlying data provider interface that NatTable uses is pretty flexible, so you can do things like dynamically add/remove columns and rows as you like. Check out the examples and documentation on the http://nattable.org web site, and feel free to ask questions on the NatTable forum if you need more guidance.

Cheers,
Edwin
Re: [NatTable] fill columnwise? [message #996676 is a reply to message #996642] Wed, 02 January 2013 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah sorry for the wrong subforum. I just clicked on the 'forum' link on the nattable site and got here (maybe this should be fixed Wink )
Anyway, before I create a new topic, maybe you can help me on how to run the example-jar file? I don't really know how to add SWT to the jarfile :/ I'm using Windows 7.
Re: [NatTable] fill columnwise? [message #996759 is a reply to message #996676] Wed, 02 January 2013 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edwin Park is currently offline Edwin ParkFriend
See here for how to run the examples: http://eclipse.org/nattable/documentation.php?page=getting_started
Also, you can try running the examples from the http://nattable.org web site by clicking on the Try It button

Cheers,
Edwin
Re: [NatTable] fill columnwise? [message #997034 is a reply to message #996759] Thu, 03 January 2013 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well thats the point, I dont know how to use this expression:
java -jar org.eclipse.swt_.jar;org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86_.jar;NatTableExamples.jar org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.examples.NatTableExamples

I have both files, org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.core-0.9.0-sources.jar and NatTableExamples-0.9.0.jar in the same folder have set the path in my command window to this folder. But what then?

the try it button does not work
Re: [NatTable] fill columnwise? [message #1000671 is a reply to message #997034] Tue, 15 January 2013 08:16 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
The command Edwin posted need to be called from the command line. It will then run the examples locally on your computer instead of loading it from the website.
Previous Topic:Using TreeMapper of Nebula for data Mapping
Next Topic:Using GridViewer with checkboxes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:04:48 GMT 2024