Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » I have a problem launching eclipse
I have a problem launching eclipse [message #996354] Tue, 01 January 2013 21:58 Go to next message
Martin Nauf is currently offline Martin NaufFriend
I have previously launched without problems, then i put an ssd in my pc and i reinstalled windows. now i have downloaded JDK and eclipse but i cannot open it anymore.... this message pops up:

index.php/fa/12859/0/

is it because i have Java in my primary wich is the ssd and eclipse in my (G) wich is my hdd?
i have no idea, it also happens on my laptop.
i read a thing about it on a sticky thread but i didn't understand it so i would appriciate help Wink
Re: I have a problem launching eclipse [message #997404 is a reply to message #996354] Mon, 07 January 2013 10:31 Go to previous message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

It seems that you are trying to launch a 64bits version of Eclipse on a 32bits JDK or something like this. If you have a 64bits version of Eclipse, you should have a 64bits version of the JDK which should be installed by default in your "C:\Program Files" folder not the "C:\Program Files(x86)" one. If you have several version of the JDK installed, you can select a specific one to use with your Eclipse by adding a specific line in your eclipse.ini file (located in your Eclipse installation folder).

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | Eclipse Java Development Tools Tips and Tricks
Previous Topic:how work with "jdk7u10" and "eclipse"
Next Topic:Eclipse with PHP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:17:09 GMT 2024