Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » No Java Perspective
No Java Perspective [message #995883] Mon, 31 December 2012 11:50 Go to next message
uli terlinden is currently offline uli terlindenFriend
Hi,

i have recently installed eclipse under Linux.
But however, i am not able to open the "Java perspective"....

I tried installing a plugin, but it should be already installed.

does anybody know, how to get that done ?
The "search help" option doesn't work as well....so i chose to ask for the solution here.

Greetings,
uli
Re: No Java Perspective [message #997333 is a reply to message #995883] Sun, 06 January 2013 08:37 Go to previous message
Siddharth Srinivas is currently offline Siddharth SrinivasFriend
Hi,

Which distro and version of linux are you using?

I've recently tested out the most recent versions of 3 distros and if you use the built in package manager of linux to install eclipse you will get Eclipse 3.8 which doesn't have other eclipse projects included in it(In your case the WTP platform).

You can download and install by going to the "--All Available Sites--" option under Help Menu --> Install new software.

If it doesn't bring up anything your "Available software sites" list might be empty. Add the webtools update repository to the "Work with" dialog.(Cannot post the http here forum is preventing me with a silly error : You can only use links to eclipse.org sites while you have fewer than 5 messages.)

(I'm still a greenhorn at this, so if there is a mistake with the above please correct me.)

OR

Just follow the guide (pm me for the guide forum preventing me from posting links -.-) to get the latest eclipse (Eclipse Juno 4.2) with all the perspectives and development platforms preconfigured.
Previous Topic:Rewriting a node swallows a comment line
Next Topic:Howto Link all projects to same code formatter rules file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:52:23 GMT 2024