Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Project Explorer Displays Incorrect Excluded Files(When select what files should be exclude from different configuration for C Project, the Project Explorer will display incorrect files as being excluded.)
Project Explorer Displays Incorrect Excluded Files [message #995673] Sun, 30 December 2012 21:05 Go to next message
Ryan Barnett is currently offline Ryan BarnettFriend
Over the past few versions of the Eclipse CDT I've noticed that Eclipse CDT isn't displaying the correct files that have been exclude for the configuration I currently have active in Eclipse. To better illustrate what I'm trying to say, I've provided the example below.

I've been taking advantage of the recent addition of the Cross GCC for cross compiling my project but I have a need to compile my application using the Desktop Linux GCC. When I created a "C Project", I selected Cross GCC as my compiler. I also left the default configurations of Debug and Release. I then created a 3rd configuration called "x86 Debug". The "x86 Debug" configuration was being used to build and debug my application on the desktop rather than having to cross compile for my target and debug on that.

In my project, I have the following folders and have exclude the files from the build in the following ways for the different configurations:

---------|-------|---------|-----------|
Folder---|-Debug-|-Release-|-x86 Debug-|
include--|include|included-|-included--|
src------|include|included-|-excluded--|
src-x86--|exclude|excluded-|-included--|

If a set the current active configuration to "x86 Debug", the Project Explorer will display the src-x86 folder as being excluded and the src folder as being included.

Has any one else seen this issue? Is there fix for this?

Note: I've uploaded pictures to illustrate what I attempted to describe.

Configuration I've selected:
index.php/fa/12850/0/

Folder Exclusions:
index.php/fa/12851/0/
Re: Project Explorer Displays Incorrect Excluded Files [message #996608 is a reply to message #995673] Wed, 02 January 2013 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
CDT does not display Active configuration. It displays (and indexes) configuration specified in project properties -> C/C++ General -> Indexer -> Build configuration for the indexer.
"Active" configuration is for build purpose and actually is short for "Active Build Configuration".
Re: Project Explorer Displays Incorrect Excluded Files [message #996793 is a reply to message #996608] Wed, 02 January 2013 23:07 Go to previous message
Ryan Barnett is currently offline Ryan BarnettFriend
Quote:
CDT does not display Active configuration. It displays (and indexes) configuration specified in project properties -> C/C++ General -> Indexer -> Build configuration for the indexer.

Thanks for the information!! This fixed my problem.

As a side note, for Eclipse CDT Juno SR1, I see in Project Properties > C/C++ General > Indexer, you can enable project specific settings and then have the indexer use the Active Build Configuration. This allows me to tie the view of the indexer directly to the selected build configuration.

Thanks Again!
-Ryan
Previous Topic:Using COM
Next Topic:How to create and execute C project with Eclipse?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:25:37 GMT 2024