Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Opening a hyperlink(Difficulty opening a link)
Opening a hyperlink [message #994977] Fri, 28 December 2012 19:12 Go to next message
Pitshou K is currently offline Pitshou KFriend
Hello,
I don't know if this problem had been addressed before, basically, I have a dataset that produces a set of data and one column is called Name and another is called URL (of Documents saved in Sharepoint).
And when the name is different, the URL is also different.
How can I have a report that only shows Names as hyperlinks that opens up the appropriate document that is saved in the URL associated with the name selected.
Thanks

Re: Opening a hyperlink [message #995973 is a reply to message #994977] Mon, 31 December 2012 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

From the sounds of it, you could either use a text box to build the link with html or use the expression builder when creating your hyperlink. What have you tried?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Opening a hyperlink [message #996677 is a reply to message #995973] Wed, 02 January 2013 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Mike, unfortunately this doesn't work.
I have attached a document to illustrate what i'm trying to do.
The URLs are links to SharePoint Docs (Profile Docs) like SOPs that are updated regularly.
I would like to have a user clicking on the Profile Document then the MS doc saved at the URL corresponding to the doc clicked on, opens up. So my report will not show the URL but the Profile Doc will be hyperlinks.
I tried with the URI option and set the location to row["URI"] this throws the following error

Problem accessing /viewer/webcontent/row[%22URL%22]. Reason:

ProxyServlet: /viewer/webcontent/row[%22URL%22]

I tried with Bookmark, still didn't work.
How would you tackle this problem?
Thanks again for your help

[Updated on: Wed, 02 January 2013 16:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Opening a hyperlink [message #997119 is a reply to message #996677] Thu, 03 January 2013 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Can you attach your report design?

Michael

Re: Opening a hyperlink [message #997122 is a reply to message #997119] Thu, 03 January 2013 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Done deal.
Thankx
Re: Opening a hyperlink [message #997130 is a reply to message #994977] Thu, 03 January 2013 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Try this. I unbound your data element from the same dataSet as the table it was in and changed the field type to be an expression rather than static text. The expression vs static text is probably what your issue was. The unbinding of the individual element will just ensure that you get a different link for each row, instead of the same one. Let me know.

Michael

Re: Opening a hyperlink [message #997133 is a reply to message #997130] Thu, 03 January 2013 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot Mike, It's working great, you really saved me
Re: Opening a hyperlink [message #997142 is a reply to message #997133] Thu, 03 January 2013 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike I have to admit that due to my limited knowledge, I'm having difficulty duplicating what you just did, the unbinding of a data element from the Dataset of the table and modification of the field type, can you just show me where to go and get it done?
Thanks
Re: Opening a hyperlink [message #997263 is a reply to message #997142] Fri, 04 January 2013 19:52 Go to previous message

Ok. If you click on the element that has the hyperlink, then go to the binding tab in the property editor, you'll see that the individual element is bound to your dataSet. You don't want this because for each row, it'll just give the same URL value.

For the changing of the value type to expression, go to the hyperlink section, for the same data elememt, in the property editor. Go into the hyperlink editor and next to where you've entered row["URL"], you'll see that there is a button with ab| on it, with a drop down arrow next to it. Click on the drop down and choose the fx option for the expression builder. This will force the row["URL"] expression to be evaluated before being used rather than using it as static text.

Hope this helps! Smile

Michael

Previous Topic:Setting Grid's margin in javascript
Next Topic:There are errors evaluating script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:40:32 GMT 2024